I am having a Butt Lift with fat grafting to shape my butt, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction all at the same time. Is this safe?

I am having a butt lift with fat grafting to shape my butt, tummy tuck and liposuction all at the same time. I am 230 lbs and have (controlled) high blood pressure. I am feeling extreme afraid !!

+2
I perform a combination of those procedures and my patients have great results. First I remove the fat and the do the Abdominoplasty. I only perform many kind of surgeries at the same time if my patient's health codition is good enough. 

Lipo and TT

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation to determine which procedure would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question .

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
   You may want to consider weight loss first.  You may want to have the BBL performed first and then the tummy tuck.

+1
Hi. I would imagine that you are having a fat transfer to your buttock and not an actual lift. If so, beware.

I am not in the camp that advocate doing both at the same time. Think about it, When fat is tranferred to the buttocks, the fat cells need all of the oxygen possible in order to survive. Fat transfers (BBL) require a rich oxygen environment in order to attempt the highest rate of surviavl of the fat cells. We recommend that our patients do not place any significant pressure on their butts for 4-6 weeks following the BBL.

If you have a Tummy tuck done at the same time, how are you going to avoid lying on your back, face up when the tummy tuck prevents you from lying face down? I recommend that the BBL be done first to utilize the abdominal fat which would othersie be discarded with the tummy tuck. After a miminum of three months , the patinet is brought back and the TT performed. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Multiple surgeries including butt augmentation and tummy tuck

+1
There is a general concern of doing plastic surgery if your weight is in excess of a BMI of 30. You will have increased risks of developing wound infections or one healing complications.
In addition you have to be concerned about the postoperative recovery for a butt augmentation with fat grafts. This requires that you stay off your buttock region for up to two weeks after the surgery. With a tummy tuck you're supposed to keep your body in a flexed position at the hips.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Multiple surgical procedures

+1
At your weight of 230 , you are a very high risk for elective surgery. At this weight your results will not be as good. Once you are near your ideal body weight then consider the surgery. At your weight and multiple procedures you are a very high risk for blood clots

What is safe in plastic surgery???

+1
Hello. Thanks for your question. These procedures are performed together often. I think you should reduce weight before  do the surgeries, ideally you  should have a  BMI  within normal limits, if not  at least  have 180 pounds. this  is  for best  results and lower risk.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. I don't know how tall you are, but I would say you're a bit overweight for the procedure. You can have all three procedures, the first problem is safety, it is a fact, that the more overweight you are, the more risky the procedure becomes; secondly, you are about to do an investment on your body and looks, you will definitely have a better result if you drop to 170 to 180 pounds at least, I would say, loose the weight then get the surgery, keep in mind that the best result come out of the first procedure, so make your investment count. I hope to have helped you with your question, good luck with your surgery 

Jose A. León, MD

Combined surgery and safety

+1
Although combined procedures can be done safety in healthy patients, I will concur with my colleagues that I am concerned about your weight at 230.   We do not have your height and hence can't tell you about your BMI (body mass index).   elevated BMI can increase the risk of complications from elective surgery.   A physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations.  I'm assuming you posted this question because that little voice inside you is telling you to be concerned.  You should listen to that concern you have.  Remember, this is elective surgery.   Perhaps it would be best to lose some weight before your procedures, or you may want to break this down to smaller procedures.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS