Have I ripped a stitch? If so, is this something i can wait till Monday to have my Dr look at or should I go to the ER? (Photo)

I am about 1 week post BA (08/08/14) I am 23 y/o, 5ft 3, 103 lbs, bwd 10 cm. I had Mentor 350cc HP smooth silicone placed under ther muscle through an inframammory incision. I am concerned because i have had some bleeding since Thur (08/14) on my left breast at the incision site. I spoke with my PS that day and he said it's common to have some bleeding and not to worry. Well today is Sat and I'm still having some bleeding. It's not a heavy steady flow but I am concerned.

Better to see your surgeon to check out the bleeding

+1
I recommend you see your surgeon to have this checked out. A bit of spotting is okay but this looks like it may be more than that. Your incision may have opened, increasing your risk of infection. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

+1
You should see your surgeon for a physical examination. Consistent bleeding for so many days is not normal. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

When concerns develop after surgery

+1
you should always have access to your surgeon or whomever is covering.  Bleeding is normal for a couple of days after but if it continues, the source must be identified and dealt with.  In addition, it could suggest a hematoma but its quiet evident in your one breast getting larger and more painful.  But bleeding that far out is not considered normal in my practice and you should have your surgeon evaluate you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Still bleeding

+1
Thank you for your pictures. If you still having bleeding and I would definitely have your plastic surgeon investigate this and examine it. You need to make sure that the bleeding can be stopped and that you don't have a hematoma.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Incision and bleeding

+1
If you have persistent bleeding from a suture line after a bresat augmentation you want to be sure you are not developing a hematoma deeper. Best to see your surgeon ASAP.

Share the stress

+1
Hi there,
Don't wait and wonder, contact your plastic surgeon again and share the stress with him. I am sure he would want to know what you are going through and no doubt would be keen to see you promptly.
James

James Southwell-Keely, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Blood on steristrip

+1
Since this didn't start until 6 days after surgery it does concern me.  A call to your surgeon is in order. 

All the best. 

Have I ripped a stitch? If so, is this something i can wait till Monday to have my Dr look at or should I go to the ER?

+1
Well it is Monday. What has happened. Did you see your operative surgeon? What was the finding. ///// 

+1
There are several possibilities. You need to call your plastic surgeon immediately with your concerns.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

+1
With the tape covering the incision- it's difficult to assess. I suggest that you see your Board Certified PS today.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD