Reverse Fat Transfer to Temples? (photo)

I'm more than 2mos post op with fat-grafting. My temples still look far too large and make my eyes look small, I miss the contour I used to have there. How effective would liposuction to the temples be to remove the fat-grafting? Can I get my temples to fully look like before? What are other methods to remove fat and how effective/dangerous are they?

Swelling After Fat Transfer

+2

I would not do anything at this point. Fat grafting typically takes six months prior to seeing final results. Liposuction of the area can leave it irregular.  Continue seeing your plastic surgeon to make sure you're healing correctly. 

Give yourself more time after fat transfer to the temples

+2
At 2 months following fat transfer it's too early to make conclusions about the final appearance of your temples. Give it another 2-4 months. The transferred fat will hopefully consolidate and shrink within this time, providing you with a look with which you are happy. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Preop photos

+2

Would it be possible to post your preop photos as well? That might give us a better idea of how much is your normal anatomy and how much is "new fat"

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Temple Liposuction after Fat Transfer

+2

While microcannula liposuction can be done in the temples, it would be prudent to wait a full six months after the procedure to be sure that it is not a self-solving problem.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fat Transfer To Temples

+2

It's still possible that you may absorb some of that fat. I'd be very cautious about trying to have the fat removed. Just be patient and keep checking in with your surgeon. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fat transfer reversal

+2

There is still time for healing and some fat absorption.  If the problem persists another 2 months, then can consider microliposuction and/or injection of medicines that can melt scars/fat.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the temples too large.

+2

Removal of this fat grafting usually has to be done by a revision surgery. The fat normally becomes encased in scar tissue and the incision needs to be opened and excess fat removed. Pick a very experienced surgeon to do this.