I have too much Restalyne under tear trough & now it is swollen. Will this swelling and bruising go down by next Friday? (photo)

I got half a syringe under my tear trough and my smile lines but now I feel like I look like cat woman. Will this swelling and bruising go down by next Friday if I got these injections done yesterday??

I have too much Restalyne under tear trough & now it is swollen. Will this swelling and bruising go down by next Friday?

+1
It might, swelling is always common after fillers for up too two weeks, you can apply cold compresses and take arnica to help the swelling heal a bit quicker 

Restylane under tear troughs and swelling

+1
Restylane and Belotero are great products to inject the tear troughs.  Half a syringe sounds like the right amount and should subside in about a week.  It is always best to give yourself 10 to 14 days to have "downtime" after under eye injections.  I would also suggest you take Arnica and ice the area as well.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of injections of facial injections, especially in the delicate under eye area.

Michele S. Green, MD

+1
Maybe but NO guarantee. That is why I recommend a 2 to 3 week leeway for injections so healing can occur. 

Restylane in Tear Troughs

+1
Half a syringe of Restylane in the tear troughs and smile lines should settle down very quickly. It is typical to have more swelling the first day after injections. Each morning the swelling should decrease and things should look normal in 3 to 4 days with this small of a quantity of filler.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and Restylane

+1
It takes 1-2 weeks for the swelling to go down.  If you are concerned it can be reversed with an enzyme.  However, for now I would ice and sleep elevated, take arnika torte pills.  Otherwise if you are concerned go back to your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling after Restylane

+1
Swelling and bruising after fillers is a normal reaction- and usually will improve within 1-2 weeks.  Since you just had the injections done yesterday I wouldn't worry about the swelling- give it some time.  Unfortunately it's difficult to say whether or not it will be completely resolved in 1 week- but it likely will be.  If you're still concerned about the appearance I would return to your injector for an in person evaluation.

Good luck!

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist