I had Lap Band and lost 120 lbs. Would I qualify for a Panniculectomy?

I had lap band in 2011 my weight was 400lbs. I have lost 120lbs and my current weight is 280. I am still working on loosing more weight, I have alot if stomach loose skin that hangs to my thighs its very uncomfortable and I have a lot of back pain and its very hard to ride a bike or do certain exercise cause of it. Since I am still considered overweight would I qualify or be a good candidate for the procedure?

With Further Weight Loss

+1
Panniculectomy is usually for people who have lost 100 lbs or more relatively quickly and when you have a BMI of less than 30.

Qualify for a panniculectomy?

+1
I believe that based on the information you have provided in your excerpt, you would definitely qualify for a panniculectomy.  Whether the insurance company will pay for the procedure is something that has to be submitted probably including physician notes as well as photographs.  The more weight you the lose now the better the outcome of the surgery will be. 

Matthew Kaufman, MD
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

+1
Only your insurance company can answer this for you.  It has been my experience that patients that lose over 100Lbs often qualify under most insurance plans.  Best of luck.  

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon