Nipple Scar Pulling in? (photo)

I had my implants taken out April of 2013 and the scar on my right nipple seems to be pulling in. What caused this, and will this flatten out with time? I have been massaging it daily.

Breast implant scars and nipple scars in Los Angeles

+1

I treat many of these nipple scars in breast implant revision cases.  I would recommend massage and IIT injections to improve the tethering of the scar.  Less commonly, a revision surgery can be performed. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Areolar scars

+1

It seems like your areolas have stretched out and deflated from lack of volume and multiple entries.  I would wait couple more months for scars to heal.  Then, you will need a minor revision surgery to fix the areolas.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast Implant removal - scar around nipple

+1

I don't get the entire sense of your case however from your pictures, I recommend scar revion of the area to improve the scar contours.  Best wishes!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Nipple scar pulling inwards

+1

This does happen, especially when the nipple incision is used repeatedly.  Let yourself heal and after sufficient time has passed, ask your surgeon about ways to make it better.

Curtis Wong, MD

Nipple Scar Pulling in?

+1

This is occurring because the support from the implant is gone. Only fat grafts will improve this issue. 

Scar revision of areola

+1

It looks like your areola scars have spread. It is likely that you will need a revision to improve the appearance.

Inverted periareolar scar post implant removal

+1

With less volume pushing out the scar, inversion can occur, Waiting several months is usual, and talk with your ps re revision. Injection of fat into breast tissue has the hazard of resulting in fat necrosis and calcification which can be confused with breast cancer.

John McAvoy, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Areola Incision Puckering

+1

You may need a scar revision due to deflation in your breasts from implant removal. This is very minor and it is still possible that the scar will flatten out. Speak with you PS and I'm sure they will help you.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Poor Scarring

+1

Without knowing what your scars looked like before it is difficult to give you a good answer.  To me it looks as if your scars may have been stretched a bit when your implants were in and are now are bit deflated.  I would return to your plastic surgeon to ask about having them revised.  Now that the tension is gone they may be excised and heal as thinner lines around your areolas which would look much better.

Lori H. Saltz, MD