Mole/Birthmark Removal? (photo)

I was born with a birthmark/cluster of moles under my arm. About 11 years ago I had them removed from a doctor it was ugly scars in place and a couple of years ago the moles started to grow back now I'm left with the ugly scars and moles. I want to get the moles removed and the scars removed as well from my under arm. What is the best method to remove the moles permanently without much scarring.

Mole Removal options

+2

The condition (as best evaluated from your photos) is a type of mole/birthmark called and Epidermal Nevus.  It is not unusual for these type of birthmarks to develop new areas over time, even with apparent complete removal.  Of course, incomplete removal of all nevus (mole) components may cause some areas to recur as well.

I find good results treating these areas with light electrocautery or CO2 laser, to pin point remove these multiple small nevi.  After excellent clearance of the obvious nevi, a series of fractional CO2 laser treatments would help to improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin.  My only concern with this, is I cannot accurately gauge the true skin type/color on the photos-- as darker skin types must be treate more cautiously.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal in Los Angeles

+1

I would begin with an examination so that I can analyze the tension zones and determine the best pattern of simultaneous mole and excision removal.  You will be left with residual scar from the mole removal. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Congenital nevus

+1

Recurrence of congenital nevus is probably due to inadequate excision. Scars can not be removed, they are permanent. What is important is to review the pathology report of the original excision and you may need total excision of the recurrence. See a board certified plastic surgeon. There are some ways to hide the scar.