How Long is It Advisable to Wait to Get Pregnant After Having Implants and Capsules Removed?

I am having my implants and capsules removed around Easter time next year. I have already had one baby with implants and breastfed her for awhile with some complications. I now have to wait the 6 months to have them out. So how much longer after the surgery do I have to wait until I can start trying to get pregnant again?

Breast Implants Removal and Pregnancy

Thank you for your question. Discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and OBGYN, and they can come up with a plan and time frame.  Usually, 2-3 months should be fine, but I would ask your doctors first. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Wait Time Before Pregnancy after Explantation and Capsulectomies

After explantation and capsulectomies, you should probably give yourself 4 to 6 weeks to get out of the complication period from the surgery, which would be hematoma or seroma.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Delay after surgery for getting pregnant??

I think a week to allow all the anesthesia and post op pain medicines to have be metabolized and gone is plenty. What I am not sure of is why if you want these out you need to wait 6 months for the explant, unless you are still nursing.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Pregnancy and surgery

Once you have the surgery and you have completely healed and have had no complications, you probably could try to get pregnant. You should discuss this with your surgeon and OB/GYN.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pregnancy Timing after Removal of Breast Implants?

You'll find that there will not be much of a waiting time before you can become pregnant after the planned procedure.  Essentially, you'll want to have all the medications used around the time of surgery to be out of your system.

Best wishes with all of your upcoming “projects”.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942