Knot Protruding Under Belly Button but Above Scar? (photo)

I am 6 months post op from a full tummy tuck. A protruding hard knot formed under my belly button but above my scar. Its not sensitive at all. I thought it was scar tissue forming, but now I'm not so sure. What could this be and how can I get rid of it? Does it have anything to do with the bump forming on my scar?

Knot After Tummy Tuck

+1

The knot is likely a suture knot with surrounding inflammation.  Removal by your plastic surgeon is best.  The healing should be uneventful and should not compromise your end result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Knot Protruding After Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. The knot or bump is most likely a reaction to sutures placed deep to the incision. Your body will sometimes form a cyst that might become infected. You should return to your surgeon for excision.

Knot Protruding Under Belly Button but Above Scar?

+1

This is a residual suture retention cyst that needs excision ASAP or it will continue to enlarge and could become infected. Seek removal 

Possible suture knot following an abdominoplasty

+1

The bump in the central portion of your scar is most likely a suture knot that is possibly infected and needs to be removed.  

Bumps after tummy tuck

+1

While the bump along your incision represents either a reaction to suture (more likely) or an ingrown hair (less likely), the bump below your belly button probably represents a fluid collection or an area where fat under the skin did not get enough blood flow and is inflamed. If it is due to fluid your doctor may drain it with a needle. If it is firm and due to fat then massage (and time) may help. Best of luck. 

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Bump on abdominoplasty incision

+1

This is a spitting suture or a granuloma.  If you can feel the suture then extracting it will usually resolve the problem.  If there is a feeling of fluid under the skin there may be a localized infection as well.  This should be expressed and the suture removed if present.  Your scars look also raised and red.  You should use some compression such as the Gelzone wrap.  This will calm the scar down and flatten it. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Bump on scar after tummy tuck

+1

I agree with Dr. Gottlieb. Your skin is likely reacting to a suture under the skin, causing this scar to form. Your surgeon can correct this under local anesthesia. He will make an incision over the bump, remove the suture, and remove any excess scar tissue that formed. Best of luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+1

This looks like it may be a suture granuloma. There is likely an undissolved suture under this that your surgeon can remove in the office with some local anesthesia. Call and make an appointment, let the surgeon know the problem so there will be enough time allotted. 

All the best.