Ibuprofen 2 Wks Po Tummy Tuck is It Safe?

Ibuprofen 2 weeks postop from tummy tuck

+1

It should be safe to take ibuprofen at this time as long as you do not have any postoperative complications such as hematoma/seroma and do not have history of gastric ulcer.

Ibuprofen 2 Wks Po Tummy Tuck is It Safe

+1

This should not be an issue, but do check with your own surgeon, who knows you and what was done. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Ibuprofen after tummy tuck

+1
In general, patients are able to resume normal medication two weeks postop BUT this assumes that they are not having drainage, seromas, etc. Speak to your plastic surgeon and comply with his postop regimen.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Hello

+1
In our practice we tell our patients that 2 weeks after surgery they are able to take whatever medication they were on before. Check with your ps, every practice is different.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Ibuprofen After Tummy Tuck

+1

Please check with your surgeon about taking ibuprofen after tummy tuck.   The answer depends on your medical history, medications, and your plastic surgeon's protocol.  I ask patients to wait until they have finished taking their blood thinner medication.   Ibuprofen is a nice alternative to narcotic pain medication when appropriate.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ibuprofen after Two Weeks

+1

I perform several tummy tucks weekly and find that anti-inflammatories are a great medication to help with pain, muscular swelling and soreness, etc. after the narcotics and prescription strength muscle relaxants are unnecessary.  Two weeks is an adequate amount of time to help with this typically assuming you dont have excessive drain outputs, swelling, bruising, or gastric issues.  Consult your PS to assure that this is recommended for you.  I also use something called Sinnech which is a homeopathic medication to help with expediting the resolution of bruising and swelling.

Tripti Burt, MD

Is ibuprofen safe 2 weeks after TT?

+1

Most likely yes, but you should consult with your surgeon before doing anything you are unsure about. I like for my patients to transition from pain medication to antiinflammatory agents, like advil, tylenol, motrin or ibuprofen around 2 weeks.  However, I only do this if everything else looks great.  Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Check With Surgeon About Medications

+1

You did not provide enough information for a definitive answer.  If you still have drains in place and are having bloody drainage, I would discourage the taking of ibuprofen.   Your plastc surgeon is the best person to direct these questions to since he/she knows the situation.

John Whitt, MD