I'm 22 years old and have an African American nose. Is it possible to give me a natural looking nose? (photos)

I'm 22. I've been wanting a nose job for basically all my life. I have a very wide bridge that causes a huge separation between my eyes and on top of that it's flat! When I wear glasses they have no kinda grip to hold on to, they constantly slide down and just sit at my nostrils. I like my profile, It looks long and slim from the side, it's only from the front that you see my wide nose w no definition at all

Rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.The tip needs to be refined as well as the width of the base of the nose and the bony vault.The operation takes approximately 2 hours as out-patient and costs $8,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

You can definitely get a great result

+1
Dear DesVee,

African American rhinoplasty can be different in many respects than what many plastic surgeons are accustomed to, but there are rhinoplasty surgeons like us who really specialize in the procedure and can get you a fantastic result.  The key is to see a real specialist who has plenty of experience with African American patients.

Warm Regards,
Peyman Solieman, MD

Peyman Solieman, MD

African American rhinoplasty

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.
Yes. It can be natural looking.
It is important to note that appropriately applied techniques can make great difference.
We use specific techniques to improve proper healing and creating natural results.
Best wishes

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

I'm 22 years old and have an African American nose. Is it possible to give me a natural looking nose?

+1
The answer to your question is, "Yes, it is possible to give you a natural looking nose" with appropriately selected and applied rhinoplasty techniques.
You have provided pictures that accurately express what you say troubles you and that you want changed.
I encourage you to seek out a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty for many years.  A plan should be established based on a conversation with your potential surgeon and your approval of images that show your expected outcome following rhinoplasty and healing. You are an attractive young woman and seem to have reasonable expectations to improve the aesthetics of your nose.

-Dr. Steve Byrd

Steve Byrd, MD

African-American & other ethnic nasal surgeries

+1
What is most important about all nasal surgeries (rhinoplasties) including African-American patients, is that a safe surgery is performed using techniques that have a high likelihood of resulting in an attractive & natural nose. Ethnic differences do exist and both the surgeon & patient must understand some of the challenges & limitations of nasal surgery. For example, when skin is thicker, tip definition can be an challenge ....but there are strategies designed to help address this.    Noses should fit the face, race, gender and other facial features.  (The commonly addressed nasal surgery horror story, of course, is the nose of the late Michael Jackson.  Few would want to experience this sad series of surgeries.). So, there is good news! First,  it is very important to choose a surgeon experienced in ethnic patient surgeries prior to making any decision. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural nose

+1
Yes, it is. Because the techniques used typically in an ethnic nose type like yours are different than the more common reduction techniques used in most caucasian rhinoplasties, be certain your surgeon has good experience in rhinoplasty in African-American noses.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

+1
    The tip can be refined and the bridge, narrowed as well as the alar base, reduced.

African American rhinoplasty.

+1
African American rhinoplasty which includes narrowing your tip, mid nose and nasal bones as well as the nostrils will give you a more attractive nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

+1
Yes, you are a good candidate for a closed rhinoplasty with a tipplasty.  This would thin and refine the nose.  A facial plastic surgeon who performs a lot of rhinoplasty surgery can explain in detail during your consultation.

I'm 22 years old and have an African American nose. Is it possible to give me a natural looking nose

+1
It is possible to cosmetically improve your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon