Can Cheeklift Be Performed with Cheek Implants?

I have malar implants (which span and cover part of my orbital rim, downward to about my mid nose). I'm considering a canthopexy but I hear you need to have sufficient support so a cheeklift is also recommended. Can I get this with implants? Are there additional difficulties/complications doing this? Also, I feel a constant downward pulling on my face, is there a risk that the cheeklift may be undone by this? Is there a higher risk of an unsuccessful canthopexy because of this pulling too?

Cheek lift with cheek implants

+1

A cheek lift can be performed in a person who already has cheek implants.  It is difficult to give you advice as to whether this would be a good option for you or not, without seeing pictures or evaluating you in person.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Cheek Lift and Implants - Possibly Together!

+1

Hello:

In regards to your question, a cheek lift and implants at the same time is ok, but it is important to remember that the implants will give the illusion of having created a lift on its own because it will recruit skin from around the smile line.  The severity of the problem however, as in most cases needs to be addressed on an individual basis.

Cheeklift after Implant Placement

+1

I have done cheek lifts many years after I had placed cheek implants. I don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve but your surgeon will have to be careful to maintain good implant position.