3 weeks post op of Breast Augmentation. I've been having high temperature and my right breast feels sore. Is this normal?

I went from 32b to 700 cc's silicone hp implants. I weigh 129 lbs and 5'2". Since last night I've Been having temp ranging from 100.7 to 101.0. At this moment I have 100.8 and my right breast is so sore. My left one is also but not as much as the right side. I contacted my ps's office and the nurse asked if I had redness or hot to touch on either breast but I don't have either. She suggested to keep an eye until tomorrow and that I may be coming down with a cold or could possibly be ovulating. (Strange?) I know, so many questions but I'm very concerned.

Breast Implants

+1
Hi,
Yes you need to be seen in person right away by your surgeon or the surgeon who is on call for your surgeon.  Don't delay.  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

See your plastic surgeon in person for high-temperature after breast augmentation

+1
Post surgical infections typically occur between 6 and 10 days after surgery.

However at 3 weeks a fever and tenderness of the breast is possibly a sign of infection and should be investigated immediately.

Call your plastic surgeon and insist on being seen immediately.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
It is highly unusual to see an infected breast implant, but it can happen.  You have very large implants for someone your size.  Contact your Plastic Surgeon and insist on an appointment as soon as possible.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD