Which Accutane generic brand is the best?

Isotretinoin Generic Brands All the Same

+1
While I personally preferred the original Accutane brand, since it was more expensive than the branded generics of Isotretinoin (the actual medicine in Accutane) no insurance company would cover it, and it is no longer on the market.   I have not noticed a difference in effect with any of the generic brands (Amnesteen, Sortret, Claravis being the most common), and all are still extremely effective if properly dosed and monitored.
The newest "kid" on the block is Absorica--- which claims to be better because of better absorption, but the jury is still out if it really is any different.
Again, ALL the brands of Isotretinoin, in my experience are VERY effective if properly dosed.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Which Accutane generic brand is the best

+1
I have not found any generic brand of Accutane to be better than any other. There is a brand called Absorica which can be better if you don't eat as much because its absorption rate is better with less food. That is really the only difference I've seen. Your doctor will specifically need to write the name of this medication though as it is not considered a "generic" like other brands of isotretinoin are.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD