Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction Via Liposuction? (photo)

I am a 22 year old, 5'9", 175lbs. I wear a 38D or 36DD bra size. I have been fitted, so I know this is my accurate bra size. My breasts grew when I gained weight last year (~30lbs). I've lost about 15 lbs, but my breasts aren't any smaller. I would lose more weight (back to 160lbs) before I would have the surgery. Am I a candidate for breast reduction via liposuction? I don't think I need a lift, just a smaller size. They're causing back pain and making exercise difficult. Thanks for the help!

Liposuction for Breast Reduction in Fatty Breasts

+1

A portion of every breast is fatty tissue, the percentage depending upon total body percentageThis fat can be liposuctioned and can be an option in women who have tight skin envelopes without significant ptosis or drooping.

Breast reduction with liposuction

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction reduction of breast volume because you don't have any sag to the breast and the amount of volume needed to reduce the breast is not overly large. It is not possible to accurately measure the amount of fat available for removal by liposuction but there is always at least some available for suction. 

It is important to remember what liposuction does and doesn't do as there are some misconceptions mentioned in the responses I see here. 

Liposuction only removes fat cells by blunt extraction and without cutting or damaging surrounding tissues. It is not a true breast reduction because no breast tissue is removed but there are no significant scars involved and nothing is done to the breast gland function, the connective tissue, or the skin. As in other areas of liposuction, there is no sagging created by blunt fat extraction nor does the process "tighten" the skin or tissues. The fat content is also permanently reduced and can be done regardless of current or future weight. 

The drawback of liposuction in the breast is that only fat can be extracted and fat doesn't weigh much so there is little reduction in weight of the breast. Also the amount of fat available to be extracted is not measurable and therefore the result or endpoint is not predictable or controlled. In my experience it is about 1/2 cup size of reduction in size/volume of the breast (not weight) or a bit more if the breast has a higher fat content. There is also nothing to suggest it's a risk but there is no long term data on the effect of liposuction on the breast in terms of future breast cancer. Patients need to sign their consent and awareness of this issue. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction by liposuction/liposelection

+1

For a young lady , who does not have saggyness of breasts ( nipple areolas are above inframammary lines ) and has moderately enlarged breasts due to weight gains, liposuction and liposelection is the best technic for breast reduction. They leave almost no visible scars and minimal time of recovery . My preferance is liposelection which also help the skin to shrink better. I have many happy patients with thes procedures.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

I actually think you are a good candidate for lipo of your breasts.  They are not too saggy and you do not need much removed from each breast.  lipo is a good choice in your case.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction Via Liposuction?

+1

Weight loss always better than liposuction on the breasts. But you could try this type of option to decrease the volume of your breasts with the understanding yoiu could have some drooping after. 

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

The breast is a combination of breast tissue and fat.   It is possible in some circumstances to reduce breast size by liposuction but only if it is fat as breast tissue can not be liposuctioned.  You may need to consider ultrasonic liposuction as a method to extract as much fat as possible.  You would need a physical examination and possibly a mammogram to tell how dense your breast tissue is and whether or not you are a candidate for this method.  You may not reduce the weight of your breasts enough to make much of a difference in your back pain.  I have had more success in liposuction reduction of the breast in older patients where the breast tissue has been replaced by fatty tissue.  

Liposuction and the breast

+1

The breast can be liposuctioned but it will not improve loose skin or low sited nipples. If you do not need that, then liposuction may be fine on a fatty breast.

+1

Liposuction can be used to achieve a moderate amount of  breast reduction

A pre operative mammogram is beneficial in assessing the amount of fatty tissue present, as only fat can be removed with liposuction,not glandular tissue

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

can be done is selected situations where the reduction is not going to be significant.  The type of breasts you have also dictate whether liposuction will work as fibrous breast does not respond well to liposuction.  Your skin at your age is expected to shrink in response to liposuction... but what if it doesn't?  Then you're looking at potential lifts to tighten skin.  I encourage you to lose your desired weight first and then revisit this issue if your breasts remain a concern to you.  Regardless, your reduction will not be covered by insurance due to the limited nature you seek.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Reduction with lioo only

+1

Hello. Yes I think you are a good candidate for Breast Liposculpture. The new Breast cup though should not be to small, otherwise skin reduction can not posibly give nice shape. My suggestion is yo go not smaller than small D. Best

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon