6 weeks post tummy tuck, muscle repair and Liposuction around the waist. Am I still swollen? (photos)

It's been 6 weeks and I'm trying to be very patient but I want to know what others think.. Am I still swollen? The lower ab area feels puffy and somewhat hard, not squishy. I try to drink tons of water, low-sodium diet, light walking, etc.. I have a desk job so I'm sitting most of the day. I take random walks around the office when I can. My posture is good and I lay completely flat when sleeping at night. Getting my first lymphatic massage today - will that help? Hope so.. Thoughts?

Still Swollen After Tummy Tuck

+1
It appears that you are still swollen at only six weeks post-op from Tummy Tuck. This is quite normal. And, the swelling can persist for a month or two more.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post tummy tuck, muscle repair and Liposuction around the waist. Am I still swollen?

+1
Looks acceptable at this stage. But your surgeon would know better. =Try weight loss of 10 pounds++/

Typical result

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Your result looks typical for a 6 week result. You are still swollen. Expect the swelling to decrease over the next 6 weeks. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
Be more patient!! you're only 6 weeks after the TT and the recovery process is 3-6 months. The massages will help but I recommend my patient to receive them the 4th day after surgery. 
Best wishes!

Yily De Los Santos, MD

+1
Relax. This swelling is absolutely normal. I tell my patients that the swelling following a tummy tuck may take up to one year. It is very normal for the patient to wake up in the morning and see herself totally flat only to be disappointed when they get home after work in the evening when......"I feel I'm pregnant"!

Lymphatic massages definitely will help. We start our patients at 1 week out from their TT or lipo. With each passing week and month you will notice that your clothes will start fitting much better. Good Luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

6 weeks post tummy tuck

+1
At only 6 weeks you certainly have swelling that would mask the result of your surgery. It can easily take 3-6 months to begin see your final results after a big surgery like you had.  Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon