Unsure if I Need Only Implants or Breast Lift and Implants? (photo)

I was a 36DD in high school. Since having children and breast feeding I am currently a 34 A/B depending on brand. I want to look natural and proportionate to the rest of my body. I feel I have too much extra skin. I am unsure if I need a breast lift with implants to correct this or if implants alone will fix the problem.

Breast Lift On Left And Bilateral Implants Best For Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question. You are thin and fit with nicely shaped breasts and are a good candidate for breast augmentation.

However as you note there is an asymmetry with the left breast lower than the right breast. Of course a personal consultation and examination is required to make a proper recommendation. However in my experience in patients with similar asymmetry to yours, a breast lift on the lower left side and bilateral breast implants can usually produce much better symmetry and a nice result.

Although you do not have a tuberous breast which is discussed in the link to the article below, if you scroll to the end of that blog you will see photographs of a patient who had a similar asymmetry and who had a lift on the left side and bilateral breast augmentation and achieve fairly good symmetry.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is experienced in breast cosmetic surgery, and has an excellent reputation in your community. Optimally the doctor should be able to show you results of surgery he has performed on patients with similar findings to yours.

Difficult to say without exam

+1

It is difficult to say for sure if you are a candidate for only a Breast Augmentation, or a Breast Augmentation with lift, without having an exam.
To determine what is best for you – seek a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!!

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with or without a lift?

+1

From your photos, I think a breast augmentation alone will give you a nice result.  You could also do a breast augmentation with a donut lift on the left side to make your nipples more symmetric.  When you enhance your breasts with an augmentation, discrepancies such as this become more apparent so you may want to consider the left donut lift.  If it doesn't bother you at all, you can always just do a breast augmentation and do a lift later after your completely healed and go from there.  It really depends on what you are hoping to achieve.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to learn all of your options. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

In my opinion, you could do well with a breast augment alone.  If you were my patient, I would also discuss a possible crescentic lift on the left side.  I would place the implants on the table, then sit you up and decide on whether you needed a lift after the implants were in.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Natural, proportionate, and lifts with augmentation

+1

Breast implants do not lift the breast and you don't need one to get an implant properly sized and positioned to get the lift effect (as described in Dr. Leedy's response) but you do have a lower nipple-areola position on your left side which you can accept or adjust with a periareolar "lift". I wouldn't recommend a so-called "crescent lift". 

The minimum size increase with properly sized and positioned round implants is about one cup size and the maximum is about two cup sizes, which would put you between a C and a D if you are between an A and a B cup size now. You can split the difference with a medium profile implant. You have to decide what size looks "natural" or "proportionate" to you within that range. The plastic surgeon's job is to size and position the implant and then help you get the implant healed in the proper position with as good control over the outcome as possible. The other is to have realistic expectations about what an implant will do and not do. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Unsure if I Need Only Implants or Breast Lift and Implants?

+1

You are on the borderline. The right could improve with on,y an implant. While the left needs a donut lift + implant IN MY OPINION> 

+1

You do not need a formal lift and I would expect you will see very nice results with implants. It does look like the left breast is slightly lower and you could consider a very small lift just on the left side if that bothers you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast implants or breast lift after pregnancy

+1

You definitely do not need a breast lift, you are an excellent candidate for implants alone. At first glance your left nipple/areola looks lower than the right which might call for a crescent lift of the left nipple/areola to get the best symmetry. However, it looks like your left shoulder is positioned much lower in the photo and I suspect you might be fine without the crescent. That will take an examination to be sure. Your anatomy is very favorable which allows for a number of choices in terms of implants. I think you could have a very nice result with a mid profile or high profile silicone gel implant. Your tissues look thin and you'd be more likely to feel the implant or see rippling with a saline implant. Trying on sizers to show you the range of implants that will fit your body can help you see the options and pick the one you feel is most ideal and proportional for you.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Breast augmentation with or without lift

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  You have some mild drooping of your breast gland itself but your nipples are sufficiently high enough to avoid a verticaI (lollipop) scar.  However, your left nipple areolar complex is lower than the right and I would reccomend you have a left crescent lift to create greater symmetry.  Please make sure you select a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Important to correct asymmetry with breast implants.

+1

Hi.

I don't think you need a lift, but it is important to address the difference in your breasts. One is lower and a little larger, and nipple is a little lower on that side. Hard to tell you exactly how best to adjust these issues without examining you.  Be sure your surgeon is aware of them.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)