Which Kind of Rhinoplasty is Better to Make my Nose Smaller? (photo)

I hate how my alar looks bigger when I smile. In general, I hate how my nose looks. I want to know which is better for me to choose to fix my nose appearance?

Alarplasty can reduce the alar flaring and nostril size.

+2

You would probably benefit from alarplasty which will reduce the alar flaring and the nostril size. This will make your nose become more balanced with the rest of the face.

Making the nose smaller during Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Although it sounds a bit counter-intuitive, you should "build up" your nose to make it appear smaller.  This is because if tissue is simply removed, it will result in a nose that sits closer to your face, and appears more bulbous.  My making your nose slightly taller, it will appear more narrow and smaller from the front.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Alar base reduction and dorsal augmentation during Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Refining the tip of your nose, reducing the width of your nostrils (alar base reduction), and adding some height to the bridge (dorsal augmentation) will likely give you a nose you find more aesthetically pleasing.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian noses require narrowing the tip and adding cartilage to the dorsum

+1

Many of my Asian patients who want cosmetic rhinoplasty ,feel that their noses are wideat the tip, and flat on top. In addition, the tip is short. In order to try to "westernize" the nose, cartilage grafts are needed over the nasal dorsum in order to give the nose more projection. The tip can be lengthened by placing a graft between the nostrils. The flare of the nostrils can be reduced by small incisions at the base of the nostril. I would contact a physician in your area who has experience with Asian patients, look at some of his before and after pictures, and ask to speak with some of his patients to see if they liked the result

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Asian nose

+1

The simple and most conservative fix to this nose would be to perform an alar-plasty.  This will reduce the width of the nostrils. This can be done under local anesthesia.

Alar base reduction

+1

It looks like you could benefit from an alar base reduction which will narrow your nose a bit in the lower third.

Which kind of rhinoplasty for you

+1

It is probably wrong to think about what kind of rhinoplasty is right for you, rather think about what changes are appropricate for your face and features. Your surgeon should be able to demonstrate to you just what the plan is, and with computer imaging you should be able to visualize the result to come.

What Kind of Rhinoplasty for my Nose

+1

Narrowing the base of your nose should be a part of your rhinoplasty surgery to improve nasal proportions. Rather than being concerned about the techniques I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced surgeon whose results you like. 

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Based on the frontal photos provided, you would need at least alar reduction and tip reshaping. If you did only alar reshaping and reduction, my concern is that your tip would then look disproportionate for your face.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar excisions and tip refinement of the Asian nose.

+1

Asian rhinoplasty for you is to narrow the alae and refine your tip. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.