550 HP Silicone Natrelle Style 20 Right for Me? (photo)

My consultation was back in Feb and my heart was set and stone on 550HP Silicone Style 20...Anywho, my BWD is either 12-12.5 for sure..and in the picture below I have on 500CC silicone implant..I like the fullness of it when I grabbed it =X and I also tried on 425CC..it looked nice..but I do NOT want to regret not going bigger. So since my doc knew I like the 500..he will add 50cc since it loses 50cc when he puts them under the muscle. If I get 550, will people see just my boobs?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

550cc Implants

+1

I think you will look great with this size implants.  You obviously work hard on your body and you should go with your gut feeling about the size of breasts you want.  In the picture you are trying on an implant to get the idea of what you want - it will not be exactly like that but if you are happy with this look - then I think you should go for it.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

As bigger breasts implants as overweight look / mientras mas grandes los implantes mas "llenita " te veras

+1

i think your  shape is perfect now  thanks to gym, if you put huge implants like you want, this will result  heavy for gym excersies and you  will look like heavy for your physical frame, haven´t you tried  lighter weight  and good projection with high projection implants?

me parecen demasiado grandes los implantes para tu peso y estatura y sin duda alguna quiza afecten tu rendimiento  en el GYM  por el exceso de peso y volumen has tratado de colocarte unos de gran proyeccion 4-5 con gel cohesivo? significa que con menor peso y volumen  obtienes  mayor proyeccion

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

Biodimensional planning and performing detailed breast measurements are fundamental to selecting a breast implant size.   I believe this concept is very important in guiding patients to selecting a "range" of breast implant sizes.  I cannot say for sure without examining you, but my feeling is that a 550 HP gel is still way too big for your frame and for that base diameter that you state.  The skin can only stretch so much at one time and it is better to select an implant that fits your tissues rather than "going for" a larger size.  Many patients that initially select large implants end up with a higher revision rate and many end up having to have surgery again for malposition, contracture, bottoming out, or implant size changes.  I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

Please send pictures witout bra

+1

The decision about the size of the implant depnds on many factors. Patient expecations,breast base measurments, nipple position,breast volume, nipple to inframamary fold distance, patients height and tiissue pinch test are few of the factors that help to decide the implant size. Your surgeon has done many breast augmentations(hopefully) and qualified to help you pick the right size for you. You should discuss your expectations and concerns with your surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I too believe dimensional planning is very important to achieve a long lasting and aesthetic result, with the least risk of early or late complications.  However, BWD is just one of five measurements, all of them are just as important to determine implant size, so we really cannot tell you if a 550 cc HP implant is warranted or appropriate.  Looking at your photos, my gut says probably not.

In general, I have a few concerns.  Patients that make their own determination of what size implant they want before seeing a surgeon ('I had my heart set on a 550 HP...'), usually have not a care for anything else other than their bra size afterwards. Some of the things they should be thinking about include realization that this is a surgery with real limitations, and breast implants are far from perfect at creating any size breast you may want.  Just ask the roughly 25,000 patients per year that require a revision surgery within three years after their original surgery for  implant size related complications.

An unfortunate trend of recommending HP implants has occurred in the last few years after both implant companies marketed their respective ultra HP implants to surgeons. I say this because HP implants cause the lion's share of complications, and in general take the greatest toll on your breast tissue over time, leading to sometimes uncorrectable problems in the future.  

Both plastic surgery societies, ASPS and ASAPS, are undertaking a campaign to re-train surgeons in the best practice techniques of breast augmentation.  It is slow to come due to many surgeons' insistence that their way is just fine, but more and more are getting on board.  It makes a difference, and a reduction in complications is the reward.  Patients need to know that the day of picking out any bra size you want will no longer be acceptable too. There will be no more wishing you were bigger afterward if you realize this is the size that is appropriate for you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Is 550 cc Style 20 to much?

+1

Great question, If your base width diameter matches or is close to your selected implant then you should achieve a very nice result, the question you are asking is very personal,  everyone has a different opinion on this and the job of your doctor and staff is to make you feel good about your results, who cares about what others see or think, go with what you want and that will make you a happy patient , good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon