Too Much Nostril Show.. Any Suggestions on Improvement? (photo)

I'm a 49 yr old woman and had a septorhinoplasty to correct deviation of my columella and short nose a few years ago. A nasal tip graft was utilized for contouring of the tip and for downward rotation. I don't like my "side" profile and nostril show. I want to find a physician who has fixed this type of problem before. I do appreciate what my doctor has done for me, i think it needs some tweaking. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Too Much Nostril Show

+2

You say that you do not like your profile and the amount of nostril show, but unfortunately I cannot see these problems in the pictures you submitted. Frequently this type of problem can be fixed with small cartilage grafts at the nostril rim. More pictures please.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

It is difficult to tell from the photos you posted if you have too much nostril show.  I will say be careful what you ask for. Too many revisions can cause problems with the skin envelope

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Revision rhinoplasty  can be performed for excess columellar show. This is performed by trimming back cartilage and membranous septum  in the columella.  Alar retraction is best treated with composite skin/cartilage grafts taken from the ear.  Please see the link below for patients in our practice we have trimmed back their excess columellar show

Nostril show after septo-rhinoplasty

+2

It is hard to fully appreciate your results without a pre-op picture, but in the views you post the nose looks pretty good.  You don't post a full lateral view so it is hard to see if there is too much elevation.  In the front view the tip looks a little low/long, but you have a pretty face and a nice look overall.  If you are concerned about a subtle finding and want revision be sure to see a doctor Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see the type of results that are reasonable to expect.  Revision rhinoplasty is tricky and needs to be approached with proper caution.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Massage and allow more time to pas;

+2

result is acceptable; risk reward does not justify surgical intervention. further surgery may result in more scar and potential for more unfavorable outcome.

Rudolph F. Dolezal, MD