My Nipple Area is 80% of my Breast. Is is Possible to Have my Areoles Appear Smaller? (photo)

After breast feeding my 2 children and the 50 lbs I've gained over the last 5 years. My breast are saggy. I have very Large Areolas. I want to get a breast lift but I am afraid it won't look right with them looking so huge. If that area was smaller I think my breast would appear to be bigger. Can this be done? And is it expensive? ( I want a TT also)

Reducing areolas

+1

Yes your areolas can be reduced as part of the breast lift operation.  I would recommend a visit to a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can answer your questions regarding the surgery including the risks and benefits.  Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Reduction/breast lift to treat an enlarged areola

+1

You've got a little too much ptosis to think a Bennilli "doughnut" mastopexy would work well for you. I also think that a classis "wise pattern" or anchor-cut scar would not work either given your areolar position and the tissue to be shortened or removed. However, a vertical breast reduction/mastopexy type of procedure looks like it might be able to remove the excess areolar and address your ptosis. Based on your pictures that is hat I'd suggest

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction

+1

It looks like you could benefit from a lift. With such large areola they certainly can be reduced, but more than likely some of the pigment will be left to be in the vertical skin clsoure area.  Eventually a scar revision might be possible to remove the remaining pigmented skin.

+1

Breast lift procedure will reduce areola diameter.  You can have much smaller areolae, but the pigmented disc will be encircled by scar.  The procedure must be accomplished with care and attention to meticulous would closure.  De-pigmentation of areolae (or part of areolae) is a risk.  See examples in gallery on plastic surgery websites for MASTOPEXY (medical name for breast lift).

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Breast Lift Includes Areola Reduction

+1

All breast lift (Mastopexy) procedures result in reduction of the diameter of the areola.  The donut mastopexy is the only one which could eventually become widened again in the future.  All other types of breast lift with a vertical scar will involve removal of some skin around the areola and reduction of it's size.  You have a choice in diameter and should discuss this with your surgeon.  Typical sizes are between 38 and 50 millimeters depending on the breast volume.

Web reference: http://www.pasadenacosmeticsurgery.com/breast-lift.html

Breast lift

+1
The breast lift includes revision of the nipple areolar complex. When the breasts are lifted, they may appear slightly smaller, not larger. The costs will vary depending upon the surgeon and geographical area of the country. Expensive is a relative term but it is very important to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast surgery. Best wishes.

Reducing Areolas, Lifting Breasts and Tucking Tummies

+1

For you, since you do not want your breasts larger or smaller, a Breast lift will accomplish two of your goals. It will get rid of the droop and, because of the way it is done, it will automatically reduce your areolas. This could be done at any time, but would be best done after you have lost the 50 lbs. you gained after your children. This prevents redroop when you do lose the weight. As for the tummy tuck, I definitely would not recommend doing it until you have lost the weight. Not only will the results be superior, the procedure will be markedly safer.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy allows resizing of the areola.

+1

A large areola can be resized by mastopexy. Scars are usually very acceptable and the results are excellent.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,16-atlanta-breast-reshaping.htm

Possible to Have Smaller Areolae?

+1

Reducing the size of the areolae is a common procedure. It can be done as a stand-alone surgery and is called a Benelli procedure. It is almost always done with a breast lift when a patients needs the breast lifted also. You would do best with a full breast lift including areola reduction.

Treatment for large areolas and breast sagging

+1

Your areolar area is large.  The average aesthetic normal is about 42 mm in diameter and your are about 90 to 100 mm in diameter.  As part of a breast lift the areola will be reduced.  If you did not want an implant then your breast tissue can be used to shape a new breast contour and profile.