Can Juvederm Ulra Plus be injected into the the Vermilion border and Philtrum columns?

I am interested in having Juvederm Ulra Plus be injected into the the Vermilion border and Philtrum columns? Is this ol?

Juvederm Ultra is best for lips

+1

I would recommend Juvederm Ultra XC for lips over Ultra Plus XC. (That being said, I have used Ultra Plus in the lips and it looked OK). My preference definitely is for Juvederm Ultra because it is a little smoother and better consistency for the lips. I routinely treat the vermillion border and philtrum when I perform a lip enhancement, but I would warn against ONLY augmenting those areas. Too much volume in the vermillion border will lead to an overdone or duck lip appearance. If you want a natural result you have to replace the volume in a natural fashion (i.e. not just along the red/white border, etc). You need to seek an experienced injector to make sure you get a nice result. I would recommend you follow the recommendations of your injector regarding the best product rather than your preference for a product.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vermilllion Border and Philtrum Treatment

+1

Juvederm Ultra Plus is best for areas that require more volume such as cheeks. Juvederm XC Ultra provides a nice natural look in the vermillion borders and philtrum columns. Product selection is important, but an experienced injector is a must to achieve great results.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

+1

I much prefer Juvederm Ultra and not the ultra plus for lips. You need a great doctor with lots of experience so be careful.

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Juvéderm® for Lip Enhancement

+1

Juvéderm® Ultra, not Ultra Plus, it is my choice for enhancement of the lip, particularly along the Vermillion border and the philtrum. I prefer the Ultra +4 deeper injections where I need a heavier filler. The ultra appears to have just the right consistency to do an excellent job in the lips. Make sure UC and Expert Inject. One can be found at ExpertInject.com.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Use of Juvederm for lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero are the best options for lip augmentation. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and philtrum columns, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Lifting the corners of the mouth gives a hint of a smile and reduces the “sad or angry look” when they are down turned. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to vermillion border and philtrum

+1

Juvederm is often used in the vermillion border and philtrum. Make sure you see an experienced injector for any fillers, but this is a common area of injection.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD