I Don't Know Why my Photos Didn't Post! Am I a Good Candidate for a TT & BA?

I am 36 yo, 5'2", 138 lbs...still losing weight, mother of 3 (aged 3-8.) Current measurements: bust: 38", waist: 29", hips: 38", thigh: 22". would like to know if I m a good candidate for TT (with a scar that's very low) and for a BA. I had 3 c sections, can you use that incision? Also, in order to have the best result, is lipo necessary? Can I just lose more weight to avoid lipo? really want a natural, femine look.

Patients with excess skin any lacks abdominal wall are generally good candidates for abdominoplasty.

+1

From the verbal description it sounds as though you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty. It is true that the pictures would have been much more useful.

Mommy Makeover After Weight Loss

+1

I am glad to see you are doing your part to contribute to the best result by losing a bit of weight first.  Once you are at your best, stable weight it is time to look at options for surgery.  Lipo can be used to touch up any spots you cant get off with weight loss, and the tummy tuck will tighten the excess skin. I usually place my incision below the C-section scar so it will be low, and the old CS scar will come out. Muscle tightening may also help you achieve  a flatter and more toned look.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Who is a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure performed to contour the abdomen.  It includes 3 basic components:

1. Lower abdominal skin removal
  2. Subcutaneous fat removal
  3. Abdominal muscle tightening

There are many different variations of tummy tucks, each procedure is individualized to each person.  The amount of skin and fat removed always varies and can include some liposuction. The amount of muscle repair varies also and may even include an umbilical hernia repair.

The best candidates for tummy tucks are patients with loose skin, non smokers, stable weight and sterile.  Sterile meaning, not being able to conceive ever again, such as post menopausal, hysterectomy, tubal ligation, Essure, etc.  If a woman is not sterile or wishes to have more children, than the tummy tuck should be delayed until that time arrives.

A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to help restore a more feminine look and usually includes procedures on the abdomen, hips, breasts, thighs, but can be any combination of the above.

Please see a Board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures to give you the best possible chance of a great result.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon