Ethnic Rhinoplasty- Will Be Able to Achieve the Look I'm Seeking? (photo)

I'm looking to have rhinoplasty sometime this year and I would like to define my bridge a bit more and shapelier nose. My main concern is my bridges and how much my nose spreads when I smile. I have a very pretty face but it seems like my nose takes up all the shine! I would like a barbie look. Where can I find the best place to find a surgeon that will help me achieve my goal.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

I think the goal is to soften the features but yet maintain one's ethnicity. That is key. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty- Will Be Able to Achieve the Look I'm Seeking?

The only limitation will be the thickness of the skin.  Other parts of the nose can be reduced in size to get you close to the pictures.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Ethnic rhinoplasty

A consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist will help give you an idea of how you may make improvements to your nose. It is possible to narrow the nose and refine your nasal appearance while still maintaining the distinguishing looks of your ethnicity. Ethnic rhinoplasty is tailored to the individual, and a "barbie-like" nose may not be suitable for everyone. A good surgeon will be able to take the entire face into consideration, and create a nose that is in harmony with your other facial features. I would recommend seeking the advice of a surgeon who meets the following criteria:

1) Has performed many ethnic rhinoplasty surgeries
2) Is board certified
3) Is fellowship trained
4) Has a good amount of before and after photos showcasing their work
5) Has great patient testimonials

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Ethnic rhinoplasty usually involves narrowing the wide bridge,  refining the tip, and alar-plasty to narrow the nostrils.   This can all be accomplished with closed  or open rhinoplasty techniques. The key is to keep some of the ethnicity present, while making the change and keeping the nose looking very natural.

Rhinoplasty for the AA nose.

Your goals can be achieved if u choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does Natural noses. Meet or talk with his patients.