Am I a Good Candidate for TT and BA or Should I Lose More Weight First? (photo)

I am 36, 5'2", down to 138 lbs (and losing) from 180 lbs., since March w/ diet & exercise, mom of 3 ages 3-8. Measurements: Bust: 38 B, waist: 29", hips 38", thigh: 22". Am I a good candidate now or should I lose more and how much? This is my 2nd time posting this b/c my pics wouldn't upload with the last q.

Am I a Good Candidate for TT and BA or Should I Lose More Weight First?

+1

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight. Best wishes.

+1

You can have a very nice improvement in breasts and tummy with your current figure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Great candidate for surgery

+1

Hi. Congratulations on your weight loss.. On your current state you qualify for the procedures you are asking. But if you are planning on losing more weight, reach your desired goal, and then proceed with surgery, so you get the most definite results. Good luck

Rafael E. Estevez Hernandez, MD

Anytime you want

+1

Great job with the weightloss! If you want to reach a target weight continue on, you can lose another 8-10 and look even better! Right now or after further weightloss, you can greatly benefit from an augmentation and abdominoplasty.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you wish to loos more weight, you should do it before your surgery. However, based on your photos, your height and weight, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. You right breast appears slightly more ptotic (saggy) and a small lift with minimum scaring such a crescent lift give you better breast symmetry. Your over all result will be remarkable after a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation with or withour a small lift on the right breast. 

B. Kalantarian, MD

Good candidate for Mommy Makeover

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your pictures, height and weight, I think you would be a great candidate for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck now - as long as you are happy with your current weight.  If you are planning to lose more weight, I would recommend you wait until you have reached your goal.  If you lose a significant amount of weight after your tummy tuck you may end up with loose skin on your abdomen.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Should I lose more weight before a tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. If you are comfortable with your weight you could certainly proceed with the surgery at this time. However, if you plan to lose more weight, you should do that before the surgery and get within ten pounds of your ideal weight.

It appears that you would benefit from a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and liposuction.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

BMI < 25

+1

At 5’2 and 138 lbs your BMI is less than 25, which is in the normal range.  You do not need to lose more weight and are a suitable candidate at this time.  The photograph of your breasts shows that you have ptosis and stretch marks.  An augmentation would not be enough.  I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  At time of the tummy tuck, the c-section scar is excised and mesh can be placed if you are not planning future pregnancies.  Mesh results in early satiety, helps patients lose weight and maintain the reduced weight.  It is possible that both procedures could be done simultaneously to lower the cost. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BA and TT question

+1

Hi Txmommyof3gifts,

Congratulations on the weight loss. That is very impressive. What is your weight goal? if this is the final weight, you should be ready to have surgery. Make sure this is a realistic weight you can maintain in the long term. Otherwise, weight gain / loss will affect the outcome after surgery. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great job in only 7 months a loss of 42 pounds! Yes you are ready but if you could lose another 10 pounds you might obtain a better result.