6 Months Post Op and Unhappy with the Results? (photo)

6 months post op tt have a dogear and thick scar on my left side that gets real uncomfortable when i wear jeans can anything be done to fix it?i been using scarguard. also dont like the way my bb looks im unhappy with my results thought my stomach would look flatter since im a petite person 4'11&100lbs but instead i feel like it looks round and full i told my ps but he got upset & said i look flat to him also i get a bulge after eating & swell if i sit for an hour or more would lipo fix this?

Unhappy with results after Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. After 6 months of postoperative recovery, it is probably safe to say that there will not be much change in the dog ear or the belly button. Some of the overall contour may improve, as the scar, as well as the underlying tissues are still recovering, changing, and maturing. If that bothersome, both can be revised in a simple in-office procedure under general anesthesia. With regards to the liposuction, I'm not sure exactly where it is that you would like that to be done. That must be determined by you and your surgeon during a consultation. Follow up with your surgeon to address all these concerns, and if not satisfactory, consult another Board-certified plastic surgeon so that you can rest easy knowing that you've done all that you can to help yourself out. Good luck and fare well.

Unhappy with the Results

+2

Thank you for your letter and the posted photos. By six months I would not expect much more improvement regarding the dog ear and the navel. Both of these can be adjusted by minor revisions usually in the office with local anesthesia. 

From the photos,, I see a nice improvement in the overall abdominal contour. It is normal for a female to have some rounding of the lower abdomen, and I find this to be a nice outcome. 

From the photos alone, I can't answer the question about improvement with liposuction alone. 

All the best.

Slow improvement after an abdominoplasty

+1

You are still relatively early in the post operative recovery phase.  I believe that you will see some improvement over the next 6 months. 

Unsatisfactory Results 6 months Post-op

+1

It sounds like most of your concerns can be address in a relatively short revisionary procedure as early as 6 months post-op.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Unslightly Scar After Tummy Tuck

+1

Your Incision looks high to me.  Obviously you have a thick scar. This might have been due to a lot of tension on the incision.  I say this because your before picture show some extra skin but more abdominal muscle weakness.  You may have been one of rare candidates for a mini (limited) tummy tuck.  I would let the scars continue to soften, consider some steroid injection but ultimately you may need the scar revised.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

6 Months Post Op and Unhappy with the Results?

+1

From your posted photos you have reached max. healing. Now seek second opinions to have revisional surgery. 

6 months after Tummy Tuck

+1

I would not operate on the belly button or a widened scar until at least a year.  The scars will continue to improve.  I am not sure I see a dog ear, but if there is a little piece of skin left behind that is easily removed.