How Many Hours a Day Do I Need to Wear Invisalign?

How Many Hours a Day Do You Really Need to Wear Invisaline Braces? Is 18 Hours Adequate?

Hours of Invisalign per day

+3

Hi-  I would recommend that you wear your invisalign trays about 21-22 hours a day and then switch them every 2 weeks. If you are wearing them only 18 hours a day, then I would recommend switching aligner trays every 2 1/2 weeks.

It is important to talk with your invisalign doctor and be honest with your amount of wear time so that you and your doctor can come up with an invisalign schedule so that your aligners track well and your teeth progress nicely.

New York Orthodontist

22 hours out of 24...a day of Invisalign

+1

Hi,

You need to wear Invisalign 22 hours out of 24 a day.
Only when you brush and floss your teeth and when you eat you can take the aligners off.

Sincerely,
Dr. Barba

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

22 hours a day for Invisalign.

+1

The treatment is based on that number. We give you two hours to eat 3 meals and brush and floss.  Full time wear is a good way to think about it.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Wear invisalign 22/24

+1

I tell all of my Invisalign patients to wear their trays at least 22 out of 24 hours. That would basically mean that you are wearing them all day and night except when you are eating. Be careful when you take them out to eat. Many people like to wrap them in a napkin. Napkins are normally tossed in the trash. Your aligners can get throw in the trash before you realize it. If this happens, put in your previous aligner and see your dentist right away.

Remember, orthodontic movement of your teeth will not happen unless your aligners are in your mouth. The more you wear them, the quicker you get use to them.

Bobbi Stanley, DDS
Raleigh-Durham Cosmetic Dentist

How Many Hours a Day Do You Really Need to Wear Invisaline

+1

How many days is it necessery to wear Invisalign? Well, it depends. How fast do you want to get to your goal of straighter teeth and a great smile. Also if a better results are important to you, then it is imperative to follow your doctors advise. In my office we get great results as long as patient is cooperative in following recommended 22 hours minimum wear. Problem with 18 hours wear is that teeth move back  during the time you are not wearing aligners, prolonging treatment time and making treatment less predictable.

With your dental health in mind,

Michael Ayzin, DDS
Dentistry @ Its Finest

Michael Ayzin, DDS
Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist