How to Get Hourglass Shape with Implants?

Hi, I am 28 yrs old 5' 4 120lbs, no children, 32 b - 23 - 36 I am REALLY wanting to have implants that are ROUND, FULL, AND FAKE looking. I lost about 35 pounds recently, and lost my breast fullness. I want a DD/E cup ... and implants that are wide to give me that hourglass shape so I don't look bottom heavy from my hips. Is this possible??? I want my implants like the girls in this pic! How would I achieve this??

Breast Implants - Can I Look Like the Woman in the Photo?

+3

Hi Asked 3 days ago by Hayleyyy,

It may be understandable that you would want to look like the woman in the photo you posted but not everything is possible for every person.  The most important thing for you is to visit a few plastic surgeons and find out what is achievable for you.  Having lost some weight, your natural tissues (breast, skin, etc) may not be able to hold - literally - large implants without also having a lift.  You may be able to have implants alone, but you also may not - and you'll need some consultations to figure out what's best for you.

My suggestions:  Do some more research online so that you really know what your choices are, and then go visit a few plastic surgeons.  Tell them what you want, and then listen to their advice. 

That approach will generally be the most useful in helping you achieve the look you want, while still keeping the surgery within realistic limits.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Implant size dependent on anatomy

+2

Hayleyyy, This is the age old question! Giving you an answer is difficult without photos/examination. A few things to remember: 1. Implant size is basically determined by chest wall width, soft tissue (muscle and skin) laxity and skin thickness. Sometimes you can/ should only go so large. 2. Make sure you are evaluated by experienced breast surgeons who understand your desires. The photos are helpful. 3. Consider a surgeon with one of the computer imaging systems. That can improve communication with your doctor. Good luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Getting the right breast implants

+2

As has been said in numerous posts, you need to visit a few excellent plastic surgeons and be examined to see if you can have what you want.  Remember that huge implants have much higher short and long term risks.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Some women want "fake-looking" breast implants

+1

I perform a large number of breast implants in my New York City practice and there are two groups of women - the ones that want a natural-looking breast augmentation, and the ones that want big and "fake-looking" breasts.  I personally find the first group more difficult to satisfy. This is because there are very subtle techniques that must be used to create a fuller breast that still looks natural.  If you want large, fake-lookign breast implants, this can certainly be achieved.  Without seeing pictures of you and your breasts, I cannot go so far as to say that I can make you look like the picture.  If you are around NYC, come on in...

Matthew Schulman, MD