How Do I Get an "Hour-glass" Figure? Or, the Next Best Thing to It? I'm Thinking Abdominal Plasty with Muscle Plication? (photo)

5'6, 210lbs, 44yrs-old, 3 kids -two pregnancies (Cesarian for the twins now 9) . Never been hospitalized for anything (thank God). I want to feel beautiful again. My question: How do I get an "hour-glass" figure again? Or, the next best thing to it? I know ultimately it's my choice, and base on individual examination.....Shove me in the right direction! Thanks all! :)

+1

The posted photos indicate you are "over" weight. First thing is an aggressive weight loss regime. Than you can consider a surgery option. 

How Do I Get an "Hour-glass" Figure? Or, the Next Best Thing to It? I'm Thinking Abdominoplasty with Muscle Plication?

+1

I think weight loss would help to create a more favorable final result.  Having said that, liposuction of the abdomen, sides, and back with Brazilian buttlift would help create a more hourglass figure.  The tummy tuck could then be performed in the future to remove the loose skin and help with the abdominal wall.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks, liposuction procedures, and Brazilian buttlifts  each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  The combination of weight loss and tummy tuck will provide the best result.  A tummy tuck can reduce the thickness of fat on top of the abdominal wall but cannot reduce the fat below the abdominal wall associated with your organs .

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Two Procedures

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  I would recommend two separate procedures.  The the first would be gluteal sculpting with liposuction and fat grafting.  The second procedure would occur 6-9 months later and that would be a tummy tuck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Making yourself a better candidate to achieve your goals

+1

There are many things that you can do to restore and improve your figure.  The first and most important and most likely the hardest is to loose weight. Your BMI is 34 you should attempt to get it below 30.  A good goal for you would be to lose 40 pounds.  At that time you could be re-evaluated and would be a much better candidate for an abdominoplasty with liposuction of the upper back, flanks and posterior hips.  

Tummy tuck helps...

+1

Hello and thank you for your post. After having 2 kids, it may not be possible for you to have an "hourglass" figure. A tummy tuck does remove loose, excess skin and flatten out the tummy. A better shape and a smaller waistline is usually seen after tummy tuck. These are good goals. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon and get a recommendation what you need. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Nutritional management must be your first step.

+1

HI TheNUme.  No surgeon can guarantee an improvement about how you feel about yourself.  Given your current height and weight, the first step in improving your abdominal contour must be weight loss.  After you are closer to your ideal body weight, I think an abdominoplasty may be helpful.  My guess is that your pregancies have given you an abdominal diastasis, and an abdominal wall plication will he helpful.  Good luck.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring post childbirth options

+1

Hi and thank you for your question and your photographs. Your goal of achieving an hour glass figure will take some work starting with considering some weight loss first, ideally with a healthy exercise regime and dieting to achieve a better body mass index. This will not only make the results of any surgery better but also safer from many aspects including risks of wound related complications. Probably losing at least 40lbs is a good start. Good luck

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Keep your expectations realistic.

+1

There is little question that liposuction combined with abdominoplasty will make you look better.  However, hourglass figure,not likely. To get a truly spectacular result, you need to loose weight and keep it off. I would recommend getting your BMI to below 30 (195 lb) or to a "healthy" level of 25  (160lb). At those lower levels, abdominal plication (tightening) will be beneficial. I hope that gets you started in the right direction. Good luck and stay on track!

Peter D. Geldner, MD