Are 1 Hour Facelifts Really Possible?

What types of procedures are used for these "1 hour lifts" as advertised by Lifestyle Lift Centers that I saw on TV. (http://www.lifestylelift.com/)

Quickie Facelifts

+4

If you think about it and understand what needs to be done in order to yield a good natural appearance after a Facelift, it is very difficult to achieve that in one hour. In most cases the people  that use those terms use it as a marketing ploy. In either regard, it is not the time involved in getting it done, it is what it is going to look like and how long it will last. One can have less performed during a one hour Facelift so the likelihood of it look unnatural or lasting a short time is higher.Cook a steak over an open flame slowly or microwave it. They are both cooked, but which one is better.

Revision Facelift

+3

The Swift Lift, 1 hour lift, Lifestyle Lift, Lunchtime Lift.... and many other named lifts are variations of a common theme.  It involves short incisions, less undermining and the use of strings to suspend the underlying tissues.  While some small changes and improvements may be noted, the majority of patients are left disappointed with the overall result.  The most common problem is shortlived and inadequate results.  More serious complications, scarring, deformity of the ear, and even facial nerve injury can occasionally be seen.  These lifts are usually advertised by inadequately trained surgeons with "cosmetic" somehow attached to their title.  Revision facelifting from these inadequately performed procedures has become a significant part of my practice.  I agree with statements of other surgeons, this is your face, make the proper investment and go with a properly trained doctor. This is preferably one who specializes in exclusively the face.    

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

The "1-hour facelift"

+3

There are many things that can be accomplished in "1 hour":  a workout, getting a prescription filled, lunch, taking a class. But do you really want to put a time limit on something as important as facial surgery? Wouldn't it be better to  emphasize "what" is being done rather than "how long" is something being done?  While an efficient use of surgical time is valued, the needs of each individual patient have to be carefully evaluated.  One patient may need relatively little. Another patient may require a much more complicated procedure, requiring more time and expertise. But it does make sense to invest an hour in a careful pre-procedure consultation with a qualified surgeon before any decision is made!

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quick Procedures Often Leave Quickly Fading Results

+3

I tell every patient that I can rush if they want me to, but none yet has asked. Any of these quick procedures are by their nature, lack of attention to detail. Unless the procedure is significantly long, there is no particular reason to rush through it. Look at the qualifications of those who are offering this and talk to patients - odds are you are wasting time, money and gambling with your face!  Take a look at the article on the reviews that one of the "lift" companies faked - from the New York Times below.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

No quality facelift takes 1 hour

+3

The only one hour facelift available is the one you don't want to have.  This is YOUR FACE we are talking about and time, care, and meticulous attention to detail needs to be focused on getting you the best result.  No one hour quickie will suffice!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1-hour facelift is the same as a 10-minute cut and curl!

+3

If it seems to good to be true, it is!

If an operation that takes an experienced facelift surgeon 2 1/2-3 hours to properly perform is advertised as taking only half to one-third the time, is that magic? Super speed? Bogus?

Or just plain sloppy and inadequate?

Listen to your gut! Feel the force! Avoid slick marketing!

Honest, any facelift that takes only 1 hour is "snake oil" at its finest! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

One hour facelift- is there any value to it?

+2

There will never be the longtime results from a hastily performed one hour facelift that will  be possible with a properly performed facelift performed by well trained professionals.  This has been seen many times as I continue to  evaluate the inadequate surgical results that is evident  in many of the patients who have had these procedures performed , and who continue to be unhappy  with the longevity of the results.  Don't be influenced by advertisements and  claims made as opposed to the more important comments from actual patients.  Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

A one hour facelift is a facelift that you do not want

+2

Doing an effective facelift is one that is done safely with a great cosmetic improvement that is designed to last for years. I think that it is impossible to do an acceptable facelift that provides a lasting result in one hour. There are corners that are being cut that will compromise your long term results. Don't buy into the deceptive advertising.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Are 1 Hour Facelifts Possible?

+2

Any surgeon can do a 1 hour facelift. However the quality of the work, the amount of improvement, and the duration of that improvement are all compromised. Each patient must ask themselves what they want to achieve.

Is a one hour facelift possible?

+2

A one hour facelift is possible and if your ears were not in the way than it would be even faster. Are you interested in getting into the Guiness world record book for having the fastest facelift? All kidding aside, everyone's face is different and each person requires great attention to detail from the surgeon to provide good long lasting results. The race is not in the OR, but begins afterwards regarding healing and longevity of results. Do not give in to sleek marketing, the corrective surgery will be more expensive and I guarantee you it will last SEVERAL hours. 

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon