Hosting an Event 4 Days After Obagi Blue Peel: is This a Silly Idea?

Recovery after Obagi Blue Peel

+2

The recovery after an Obagi Blue Peel depends on the depth of the peel.  The doctor decides what concentration of TCA is being used and how many "coats" are apllied.  The higher the concentration and the more coats applied, the longer the healing process.  Most of my patients peel for 5-7 days following a Blue Peel.  At 4 days, I would expect you to still be healing and peeling.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Post Obagi Blue Peel

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend doing your Obagi peel after your party to avoid the peeling process as every skin is different and can take several days of peeling. It can take up to a week or so for the peeling to subside. Make sure you are under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest results. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Recovery and downtime after a Blue Peel

+1

The depth of your Blue peel will determine whether you will be ready for your event.  A light or medium depth peel will still take about 4 to 5 days for recovery. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Obagi Blue Peel Recovery

+1

Unfortunately, it usually takes longer than 4 days to recover from an Obagi Blue TCA peel. I recommend taking at least a week off and then use some cover-up make up to hide the pink skin.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recovery after Blue Peel

+1

I would recommend that, on average, a 7-9 day window would cover you completely to pursue a big event.  4 days would not be enough for any true deep peel.  I typically utilize 2 layers of 20%TCA and Blue peel to acheive maximal results and patient's routinely state that recovery is in this window.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect From an Obagi Blue Peel

+1

The depth of penetration for an Obagi Blue Peel will depend upon the pre-peel skin preparation, the concentration of the trichloroacetic acid being used, and the number of coats being applied to the skin. This should all be carefully planned by you and your treating physician. The strength and type of the peel is adjusted with each treatment to achieve the desired results. Depending on the depth of the peel, a significant number of layers can be exfoliated to create a fresh, vibrant appearance. It is recommended for individuals with facial blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. To get a nice result from an Obagi Blue Peel I will use a fairly strong concentration of acid and apply several coats. I tell my patients to expect swelling and significant peeling for at least four days and often will last up to a week. Hosting an event four days after an Obagi Blue Peel is not a good idea!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon