I Was Hospitalized Nov 2012 with Post Op Pseudomonas Infection, After Nipple Reconstruction. I Have Been on Levaquin Since?

my ps snipes bad scab off and then stitches me up. it comes back after about 2 wks time. now i have some pain, scab back again, alederm (sp) not showing yet. I do not want another surgery. I am out of fmla, when implant is removed, what happens to my skin. i had skin sparing mastectomies. will breast shrink up? I am tired of the antibiotics, he is good doc, but do i insist the implant to come out?

Breast Implant Removal

The implants can be removed at the present time if you have reached the end of your patience.  The implants can be replaced in the future if you change your mind.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nipple reconstruction and infection

If you have a superficial infection antibiotics usually are successful. If the infection gets worse and involves the implants , then they probably need to come out.

Breast Reconstruction

Breast reconstruction with implants is vey common, we do not removethe implants unless there is implants are infected.

In skin sparing mastectomy, if you remove the omplants the skin will shrink.

From your history and presently still having some problems, it might not be a bad idea to get a second opinion.