Can I get plastic surgery to give the illusion of facial symmetry or do I need reconstructive surgery? (photo)

In an accident in 07, broke/fractured most everything on right side of face, that side droops/has scarring. I am 24, was enrolled in an acting school but the drooping is too noticeable. Met w/PS suggests zplasty, neck lipo, chin implant, reattach right lower eyelid. I was told my mouth will still droop even after zplasty of the scar. Since the bones are lower & the muscles are lower. I know I will not achieve the facial symmetry that I once had. I just want to feel normal again.

Complex Post-traumatic deformities.

+2
After severe facial trauma, it is not uncommon to have some asymmetries.  Your right orbit (eye and eye socket) appear to be down relative to that on the left, and your right cheek tissues are also down (including the corner of your mouth).  Your nose appears deviate a bit to the right.  Analysis of your most recent CT scan would dictate what would be best for addressing the orbit and skeletal asymmetries (including the chin), while re-positioning for the right facial tissues is important.  I would be very careful with the chin implant as it might be best to conservatively lengthen as well as project your chin.  It is a complex problem and make sure that you seek opinions from surgeons who commonly deal with such problems.  It may take several operations.  I wish you the best of luck!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face asymmetry

+2

You present with a very complex history, with facial trauma, facial fractures and possibly surgery for repair. Therefore no one can give you an advise that is meaningful without examination and review of your past medical records. And understanding what is bothering you the most. Then a good advise can be given

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com