Horrible Scar After Ear Otoplasty?

i have a very bad raised super white scar on the top of my left ear, its very hard i feel like its a cartlige but im not sure, it has been 3 and a half months since my procedure. i have started using silicone sheeting ive been using it for about 5 days, nothing has not changed. is it normal for someone to have this? do u think its a cartlige if its hard and white? because when i saw another surgeon for this he said that maybe its a suture but then he was like no i dont think so. please help!

Hard firm scar after otoplasty

+1

judging from your multiple previous posts, I would highly recommend that you return to your original surgeon even if they are located at a distance or at least contact them by phone. You may require surgery or steroid injections.

The raised white area at the top of your ear is likely cartilage, not scar, after your otoplasty Surgery.

+1

In general, scarring after otoplasty is behind your ear, in the crease where the incision lies. Incisional scars are typically red, rather than white. Your second surgeon may feel one of the Moustarde sutures could be causing the appearance of your ear.

Feel free to email a photo of your ear, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring After Otoplasty

+1

Possibilities include an abnormal cartilage contour versus unwanted scar tissue near the incision line. It would be better to see a photo of the area if possible. I would recommend returning to your original plastic surgeon who did the otoplasty. They would be best equipped to tell you what is going on in terms of the abnormality. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon