Horrible Lumps Six Month Post Op Lipo on Flanks and Saddlebags?

6 months postop. I'm not in perfect shape but far from overweight. Good diet/ exercise habits. Had an adominalplasty 6 years ago after c-sections, so I know and understand healing takes time. No weight/inches lost. Lumps are visible and hard. Flank area sticks out resembling what would happen if wearing too tight of a corset. Saddlebags look worse with lumps larger than a lime. Wore the compression garment as told. Have had regular massages on area. Is this normal and if not what steps should be taken?

+1

Large lumps after liposuction in the manner you describe sound most like chronic fluid collections or cavities.  I guess they could be residual fatty deposits as well.  Pictures would help but an exam would probably be necessary to sort this matter out for you.  I would definitely return to see your plastic surgeon or to one near you for an assessment.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

It is not "normal" to have large and visible irregularities. Without photos or better still an in person exam, the only advice would be to see your surgeon to find out what these are and to review the options in terms of remedies. 

All the best.