Hormonal Imbalance?

i have recently been diagnised with low sex hormones.. namely l, testosterone, estradiol, progesterone. do you think havin the ZELTIQ coolsculpt on my abdomen can affect my hormones more by causing added stress to the body. Should i wait till there more balanced before having it??

Hormones & Fat Reduction Procedures

+1
As you age, your hormone levels will start to decline. I suggest you seek a trained bioidentical hormone replacement doctor to receive hormone therapy (which could be the root of your problem) before paying for expensive fat reduction procedures.

Dr. Goldstein

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Hormones may be affected by fat volume

+1

Some hormones are dependent on the fat stores in the body so if someone is undergoing a work up or treatment for a hormonal imbalance, they might be best off to defer liposuction or CoolSculpting. I am not aware of this having been reported to be an issue with CoolSculpting but it would be wise to try to resolve a hormonal issue first.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting

+1

It is possible that a hormonal imbalance might make a person hold on to excess fat. You may wish to wait until your hormones are regulated for best result with Coolsculpting

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq and hormones

+1

I am unaware of Zeltiq having any impact on sex hormones but would suggest you discuss with your surgeon and your physician prescribing the hormones.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon