1 Week Post Op, Breast Augmentation, Worried Even with Swelling, Size is to Small and Placement May Be off? (photo)

I got a Breast augmentation on 2/11/13, with a HP smooth round saline implant, 400cc in left and 430. I was a small B before and did wear padded bras, my concern as you can see in the pictures is clearly the left breast is a lot higher and oddly shapen compared to the right breast.My PS told me the day after surgery that in the end ill be in the range of a large D cup to a small DD, however as of right now i am only fitting into a small C cup.. when they drop will I fill out a D or DD cup?

Breast augmentation results

+1

At my Austin, Texas area plastic surgery practice I do several hundred breast augmentation surgeries a year.  Please have patience.  A lot will change in the next few months.  The muscle and tissues need time to relax and as this happens things will even out and become more full and projecting.  Just follow your ps advice and rest assured you should be ready for summer!!  All the best, Dr K

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you probably know, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery at this point. It is very likely that your breast implants will “settle” over the course of the next several weeks/months. This settling process may be asymmetric.

In my experience, patients who are initially concerned about being “too small”, end up being very pleased once the breast implants have fully " dropped and fluffed”.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reassure you that you will achieve a specific cup size. As you know, bra cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another. I would suggest that you not base your satisfaction on the end results of surgery  on achieving a specific cup size.

I would also suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Breasts uneven eight days post op

+1

Hello. Eight days is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Early breast augmentation results

+1

It is always very difficult to critique breast implants in the first few weeks after surgery. The amount of change that is seen is quite variable and often dramatic in the first several months. It is hard to be patient, but it is necessary. In general, if implants appear too high, they typically drop. If implants appear too low early after surgery, that is more often a problem that will need surgical attention to correct. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry and Small Size after 1 Week

+1

The implants at 1 week will likely change quite a bit over the next few months.  Both implants rarely drop at the same time.  In addition, if you had asymmetry before the surgery, this is contributing to this early result.  With regard to the size, the implant volume you have would likely increase most women two cup sizes, in general.  The implant look and size may be blunted early due to muscle spasm.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast issues

+1

It is always helpful to see pre-op photos to properly assess things. Being that it is  also early, you have to give it time to settle as well.

1 Week Post Op, Breast Augmentation, Worried

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos attached. It is difficult to comment on some of the issues here without seeing pre-op photos, and on none of the post-ops can I see both breasts in their entirety from a straight on view. It would be helpful to know if the breasts were symmetric before surgery--obviously not completely since different fill volumes were used. 

One week is way too early to evaluate symmetry. Under the muscle implants often are high riding, usually not in an even manner because the pectoral muscles are not even. 

For now--patience, massage, possible pectoral strap. Follow closely with your surgeon. Consider posting additional photos. 

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Thanks for posting the question.  Final results are difficult to determine early after surgery due to swelling.  As for size, different bra companies have their own sizing system, so your final bra size will vary depending on which company you purchase.  Consult with your surgeon to discuss this further.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast projection increases for several months after breast augmentation

+1

Bra cup sizes are based on how deep the bra cup has to be in order to accommodate the forward projection of the breast. Early after surgery, the breast and chest wall tissues have not expanded to accommodate the presence of the implants. This process requires several months. At completion of healing, you are very likely to fit the bra size you originally envisioned when you were planning your surgery.

John J. Seaberg, MD, FACS
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

1 week postop

+1

1 week postop is much too early to ascertain any issues related to your surgery.  From your photographs, it looks like the surgery went well.  Please discuss your issues with your surgeon and follow his instructions on your recovery. 

Thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon