White Thing Inside my Nose 1 Week Post-op - Scarring?

I had closed rhinoplasty 1 week ago & after the cast was removed I noticed something inside my nose. ah i don't know how to describe it, its white. Is this scarring? & also there is another issue I am so! worried about.There is a small sort of slit or hole & the bone is sticking out inside my nose & it is sore to touch.I know this is not normal:(sorry my description isn't the best it's very hard to describe. If even sum1 can even reassure me that the bone problem is fixable because i'm soworried

White "Thing" in Nose 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

Tough question to answer - I give up!  I suggest you contact the surgeon who did your surgery for an examination.

Its difficult to examine the inside of your nose here

+1

This could be very conerning and require treatment or it could be as simple as a stitch.I am a little confused about why you would be asking this question here when the best thing would be to ask your surgeon. It really could be clarified in a minute. Examining inside your nose over the internet is a difficult thing to do with our current technology.

See Your Surgeon if You Have Any Questions After Rhinoplasty, Especially if There are Bones and White Things Sticking Out

+1

Hi Gemma,

Time to see your rhinoplasty surgeon asap.  And by the way, keep your fricking fingers out of your nose on the way to the office.  Hopefully all is well.  If you are unsatisfied after your visit with your surgeon, then contact a rhinoplasty surgeon for a second opinion.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD