Any Hope for an Upturned/pointy Nose to Be Corrected with Rhinoplasty?

A few years ago, I decided I wanted to have a nose job to correct my pointy nose. I didn't think it would be a difficult surgery since I like how my nose looks from the front view and I don't have any bumps or problems with the bridge of my nose. However, I met with one plastic surgeon who told me my nose would be difficult to perform and I would need to seek a doctor who specializes in rhinoplasty. Tip work can be tricky and I am afraid I will look worse Or my nose will appear more upturned

Correcting an upturned/pointy nose

+2

It is possible to improve the appearance of an upturned tip. Having a rhinoplasty performed by an experienced and board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be the best choice. Look for board certification and credentials, a variety of before and after photos, and fantastic patient testimonials. Your prospective surgeon may use computer imaging software to give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Turned up tip of the nose

+2

You got good advice.  You need a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  There are excellent techniques to turn down and reposition the tip, but you need a surgeon who does it often.  You should discuss this in detail with your surgeon.  I have placed a link below to an example.

Web reference: http://www.bostonrhinoplastycenter.com/nose-proj-photo-gallery-patient-5/

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upturned/pointy nose

+2

This can be addressed quite easily with an open rhinoplasty where the tip can be addressed precisely. However, for optimal results, it is important to work with a surgeon who is quite experienced in rhinoplasty.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Specialist

+2

Thank the surgeon who recommended that you see a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery. Most surgeons acknowledge that this is one of the most challenging cosmetic operations we do. If you select an experienced surgeon, he/she will explain the alternatives and possible risks of your surgery. Having said that, most people have significant improvement with little risk in experienced hands. I need to have pictures to make more specific recommendations.

Correcting an upturned nose

+2

Although it is hard to tell without seeing your pictures what you are describing is possibly correctable such as the example in the link below

Web reference: http://naturalrhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set2.php?procedure=primary_rhinoplasty/w400&id=16A

The Upturned or Short Nose

+2

If your nose is long enough by your standards the tip can be effectively lowered or derotated.  If you need a little more length and the tip to be lowered or derotated, this can be done as well.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA