Any Hope for Scars? (photo)

I had my first breast lift approx 6 years ago and during the healing process my right breast got infected and left me with a scar under my nipple. When one of my implants popped 3 years ago I went back to the same doctor and had him remove some of the scar well he was at it. Although its a little better now my right nipple is farther to left than the other and to me they just look awful and It lowers my self esteem. will a scar revision fix this? can I make my nipples more symetrical? thank you.

Improvement of Results after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you can imagine,  it is difficult to give you precise advice based on limited online consultation information. You will be best off seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients like yourself.

It will be important, as you consider options, to achieve an  understanding of realistic  expectations of what to expect after further breast surgery.  “Perfection” is not achievable.

Asymmetrical Nipples with Scars

+1

Thank you for sharing your photo.

I am sorry that you have been through quite a rough time and that you are questioning your self-esteem at this point.

Based on the little knowledge your photo provides, a carefully planned scar excision as part of a circumareolar adjustment is a possible approach.

However, without the full details of your previous surgery and a physical consultation it is hard to provide you with a precise solution.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nipple areolar revision after previous implants and lift

+1

So much depends on the physical exam and the exact details of your previous surgeries.  It is often wise to return to your original surgeon for revision, since he or she is in the position of greatest knowledge about the previous procedures.  If anatomy permits, an asymmetric periareolar  adjustment with a blocking suture might help to even things out.

John Q. Cook, MD