Hooked Nose Still Showing After Closed Rhinoplasty, Will It Improve?

Nose Hi I had closed rhinoplasty done to remove somewhat of a hooked nose. I had my cast removed 2 days ago and doesn't seem like anything has chnaged, looks the same to me. The hook is just slightly smaller but swollen but my side profile still shows a pronounced hook. I am a bit scared because as many have spent a lot of $. I am not using any tape or anything, should I be concerned? Thanks

Hook still present after closed rhinoplasty

+1

It depends on type of surgery performed. If the tip cartilages were modified, then the tip may lift over the next few months. Let your surgeon know and keep in close connection with your surgeon.

Hooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

too early to judge before 3 months yet at the same time if you see no substantial changes then you may have cause for concern - impossible to tell without pre and post photos

talke it over with your surgeon

be patient

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Hooked Nose 10 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I would be concerned if a hooked nose is present 10 days after surgery, but be patient because swelling in the immediate post-operative period can be very misleading. Continue to talk to your surgeon to share your concerns.

Hooked nose

+1

If you still see a farily substantial "hooked" appearnce, it will likely be there in a few months. Either way, you have to give it time to heal.

Still Hooked After Closed Rhinoplasty

+1

2 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  If by 3-4 months you are still hooked then you may need to seek a revision

Sam Naficy, MD

Hooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Early after surgery  you are going to have swelling that will take time to resolve.  Having said that, however, you should notice significant improvement in the overall shape and configuration of your nose postoperatively. It is essential that you talk to your surgeon about your concerns.  Not knowing what you had done, I cannot comment on the specifics of your surgery, however you should be seeing improvement as the sweling continues to improve.  Again, it is essential to have a good relationship and the ability to communicate freely with your surgeon regarding your concerns.  if there are complications or problems with your rhinoplasty you want to find out what the plan is to correct them and what the time frame is for doing so. 

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon