If I Have the Bump Removed from Nose will the Droopy Nose Tip Raise Up? (photo)

I have a hook nose(kinda) with a small bump and a droppy tip My question is if the bump is rasped or taken down will the tip raise up or somewhat appear more narrow?

Removing dorsal hump does not affect nasal tip

+1

By only removing the nasal hump, the tip will not appear more narrow or changed.  Other procedures need to be performed during the rhinoplasty to alter the nasal tip.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

If I Have the Bump Removed from Nose will the Droopy Nose Tip Raise Up?

+1

Sadly, no.  Removing the slight dorsal hump will in no way cause the nasal tip to rotate upwards.  This can and should be done during the Rhinoplasty but would require additional techniques during the Rhinoplasty.  A thorough knowledge and understanding of the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty is the first requirement in selecting your Rhinoplasty Surgeon IMO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Dorsal Hump and Downturned Tip

+1

The dorsal hump and tip position are two different aesthetic and surgical problems. Removing the hump will not affect the tip, but both procedures can be done during the same surgery.

Bump and tip issues

+1

The bump and tip are separate areas but their relationship to each other can change the appearance because of proportions. Your bump is very small and I don't think that your tip will look any diifferent if only the bump were to be removed.

Bump removal and droopy tip

+1

The bump on your bridge and tip droopiness can be treated independently. If you want both improved that can certainly be done. In general, bump takedown tends to cause the tip to appear somewhat raised as a visual effect.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump.

+1

The surgeon can remove the bump with or without raising the tip of the nose. Make sure you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rasping of the nose

+1

Minor rasping of the dorsum of the nose will not impact the tip. It certianly will not raise, it could actually descend a bit. Tip elevation is performed with suture technqiues and/or caudal septal modification.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hum[p

+1

It looks like you have a small dorsal hump that would be easily removed with rasps or osteotomes (chisels). A minimal amount of tip rotation could occur, but the hump is isolated and so I would expect a minimal effect on tip position.  It is impossible to judge the possible need for nasal bones infracture without more photos.  A small degree of tip rotation might be beneficial.

Removal of your nasal-bump will not affect the position of your tip or make it appear more narrow.

+1

If you would desire tip narrowing and rotation, you should discuss this with your surgeon. This may be achieved with well-performed Rhinoplasty surgery, but this will require tip work and possibly shortening your septum.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://naturalrhinoplasty.net/#18970

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump ant tip elevation

+1

Removing the hump, in your case, will should not raise the tip. If you desire changes to the tip angle a separate maneuver would be performed. However the opposite may be true. Raising your tip, may give the appearance that the hump is smaller.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon