Weird Spot Benelli Lift and Replacement (photo)

I had a benelii lift done after replacing my implants from saline to cohesive gel on 6/1/2012 I know it takes time .i never had scars with 1st they went bottom of arieola. They started to look better and now look bad again and I have this black spot on the scar.that looks like a blood filled thing .He told me to massage the scar I did and felt something under skin now it is softer but this looks like my breast is necrosis At. that spot.dont live near the doc..is this normal???

Complications after Benelli Lift

+1

The photograph shows what is more than likely a retained suture that got infected or a small hematoma.  These often resolve spontaneously.  I recommend frequent topical antibiotics such as Betadine.  If it does not get better shortly then see a local plastic surgeon.  It can be excised and drained.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Suture inflammation

+1

From what you are describing it sounds like you have some inflammation around one of the deeper sutures.  I depends on whether your PS used gortex (a permanent suture) or Monocryl(an absorbable suture) for your lift.  If it is a monocryl then he/she should be able to dig it out and you should heal fine.  If it is a Gortex suture that has to be cut it cause your areola to stretch back out.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Scar spot

+1

It looks like a suture granuloma which is essentially some inflammation around a buried suture. This can occur and is not a serious problem. If you can see the stitch and grasp it, you should remove it. Then I would put some topical antibiotic until it heals. If you can't remove it or it is too tender, you should consult with a local plastic surgeon. 

Moises Salama, MD

Benelli lift

+1

It soundsl ike you have an extruding suture over the site. Often a surgeon will jsut pluck it out. I do not recommend that you do it. Go see a doctor for proper evaluation.

Weird Spot

+1

This looks like a small ulcer over a retained suture. If you can feel it you can try to get it out yourself. Otherwise, you should see your surgeon or another one nearer to you.

Weird Spot Benelli Lift and Replacement

+1

Great posted photo BTW. It is either a suture granuloma or retained piece of suture, or both. Since your surgeon is not local to you seek a more close located PSs. Fee would be around $500 to excise.