I am 8 days post op from my abdominoplasty/back lipo surgery. What can I do to get the swelling to go down besides rest?

I over did my activity today, I'm pretty positive this is why I'm extra swollen. I also had my drains removed 2 days ago because I stopped draining. I am wearing my compression waist band, shall I wear an additional band like spanx in top?

Swelling 8 days following tummy tuck

+1
At this point you should still be wearing your garment and limiting strenuous activity.  I do not see the benefit in wearing a spanx top.  It is very normal to experience swelling for up to three months following tummy tuck surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

+1
Time is often necessary to resolve swelling, but if your drains were recently removed and you over did it, and you are more swollen today, you will definitely want to get in touch with your surgeon to rule out any fluid collection there.  Normal swelling takes time to resolve and there is not much that you can do other than follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results

+1
Unfortunately the swelling is all part of the healing process. Follow the advice of your board certified plastic surgeon- Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after abdominoplasty will resolve at its own pace.

+1
Swelling is part of healing in that is governed primarily by genetics. Compressive garments can help somewhat and low-salt diet as well. Nevertheless it will take a number of months before swelling resolves after in abdominoplasty.