How Honest Should I Be with My Doctor?

I've had a tummy tuck with lipo of my arms, back, stomach, inner and outer thighs and butt. My husband thinks my butt is getting big again. I haven't gained any weight, but I think my body just puts fat there. I exercise 6x/week and do exercises specific to that area. Should I be honest with a plastic surgeon and tell him that my husband wants me to have more lipo? I don't mind having it and will do it to please him, as I will be benefit from it as well.

Being honest with your surgeon

+2

There are many reasons to be honest with your surgeon. In this particular case, it tremendously benefits you because the results you seek may be achievable but they may not necessarily please your husband. In this instance, it can create an uncomfortable situation for all of you. Therefore it is best that you completely relate your motives for surgery to ensure they are realistic and/or can be accomplished.

Being frank with your doctor

+2

You should absolutely be up front with your doctor and tell him exactly what you would want.  Lack of communication is not a good thing especially when it comes to your health..

Honesty is the Best Policy in Discussions with ALL doctors

+2

Hi there-

In order to not only keep you safe, but also to have the best chances of achieving your goals and making you happy, your doctor needs as complete an understanding of your situation as possible.

I would ALWAYS recommend discussing everything with them openly. 

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Honesty

+2

Absolutely. In the world of elective cosmetic surgery, or any surgery for that matter, honesty is not only the best policy, it is the safest policy. Lack or information or miscommunication of information can be, if not deadly, complication-promoting.  You don't want surgeons operating on the wrong type of patient at the wrong time with the wrong procedure.