Homologous Cartilage Graft. Is Such a Graft to My Nose Tip Safe? What Are Symptoms Of Infection?

hi, i have had a small rhinoplasty revision around 2 years age where a homologous cartilage graft has been added to the lower tip of my nose. I am satisfied with the look but i was wondering if such a graft is safe and whether it might get infected or not? In case of infection, what are the symptoms? Thanks

Homologous graft in revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes homoloous grafts are safe. Infection at this stage is unlikely and it would present as pain swelling and redness.

+1

Using cartilage grafts during Rhinoplasty is very safe.  Infection would create pain, swelling and redness of the skin which should prompt you to see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon ASAP.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Homograft costal cartilage for rhinoplasty

+1

I wrote a medical manuscript using homograft costal cartilage for rhinoplasty, and it is very safe to use.

Rhinoplasty 2 Years Ago with Homologous Cartilage Grafts

+1

Infection 2 years after a rhinoplasty with homologous cartilage grafts is very, very unlikely. The signs and symptoms of an infection include swelling, redness, pain, and drainage. I would not waste time worrying about that unlikely complication. Enjoy your new nose.