Homologous Cartilage Graft. Is Such a Graft to My Nose Tip Safe? What Are Symptoms Of Infection?

hi, i have had a small rhinoplasty revision around 2 years age where a homologous cartilage graft has been added to the lower tip of my nose. I am satisfied with the look but i was wondering if such a graft is safe and whether it might get infected or not? In case of infection, what are the symptoms? Thanks

Homologous graft in revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes homoloous grafts are safe. Infection at this stage is unlikely and it would present as pain swelling and redness.

+1

Using cartilage grafts during Rhinoplasty is very safe.  Infection would create pain, swelling and redness of the skin which should prompt you to see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon ASAP.  

Homograft costal cartilage for rhinoplasty

+1

I wrote a medical manuscript using homograft costal cartilage for rhinoplasty, and it is very safe to use.

Rhinoplasty 2 Years Ago with Homologous Cartilage Grafts

+1

Infection 2 years after a rhinoplasty with homologous cartilage grafts is very, very unlikely. The signs and symptoms of an infection include swelling, redness, pain, and drainage. I would not waste time worrying about that unlikely complication. Enjoy your new nose.