What is the Best "at Home" Chemical Peel?

I don't mean those risky peels people buy on Ebay. But what is the strongest over the counter/reputable chemical peel you can purchase? Something you can get at a drug or department store....Name Brand? Also, how would these compare to say a '30% glycolic peel' in your office? Thanks!

Chemical Peel, not for the Amateur.

+2

At home remedies and peels are a tough topic.  We covered this on The Doctors TV show when I peeled my assistant live on camera.  He said it burned a good bit, and would have been freaked-out if this were happening at home with some unknown solution.  There are so many factors:  skin type, melanin levels, sun exposure, pre-existing scars or cancer, pre-treatment, and so on.  Better to leave this to the experts.....US!

To be safe, stay with 6-12% glycolic acid products.

+1

Home chemical peeling can cause substantial harm.  Generally the aesthetician peels are mild with stronger glycolic peels used by physicians or under direct physician supervision.  Do not put yourself at risk to save a few bucks by ordering products over the internet.  You will discover the hard way what the risks are.  All of the major skin care lines have skin care products for home use with low concentration alpha-hydroxy acids that do help to exfoliate the skin.  While the results may not be that dramatic, they are safe and that should be your  paramount concern.