My nose is very crooked and I also have trouble breathing at night. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

I am also 15. so i am afraid if i make appointment with my docter that hes not going to let me get it. Also will my insurance cover it? Also my nose pretty big for my face and if u ask tgem to make it smaller. well my insurance cover that as well or will my dad have to pay out of his pocket.

Crooked nose correction for 15 years old

+1
If your pressing concern is for aesthetic purpose, it will be best to wait until you're 18 years old before you do the surgery. However, your nasal obstruction should be corrected at the earliest possible time.

The cause of the obstruction is most likely deviation of the nasal septum, but often, enlargement of the turbinates also play a part. Though it is best to address both the aesthetic and functional problems at the same time when your nose structure has fully matured, your blocked nose should still be addressed as soon as possible.

Functional correction of the nose should be covered by insurance but the aesthetic side is usually not.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

My nose is very crooked

+1
If you are finished growing which is typical by age 16 for girls you may well be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty to improve and straighten your nose. Insurance coverage can be difficult, though a insurance review can be requested by your surgeon.

Crooked Nose at 15

+1
The ideal time to do a rhinoplasty is after the growth spurt of puberty. However, several other factors have to be taken in account. If a patient is suffering daily from nasal obstruction that is effecting the quality of life then a septoplasty is warranted and should not be delayed. At the same time a conservative rhinoplasty can be done. Septoplasty is usually covered by insurance but rhinoplasty is not. 
Regards
Dr J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
If you are finished with growth, the rhinoplasty can be performed.  The breathing and cosmetic issues can be addressed at the same time.