I'm 34 yrs old, 115 lbs, 34D and have saggy breasts. What are my options for Breast Augmentation with least scarring? (photos)

I am in process of finding the right doctor for my tummy tuck procedure and wondering if I should also consider improving appearance of my breasts? I am 34, 5'3 120lb, want to be 115lb, I am 34D or full C. I breastfed 2 babies, I would love for my breasts to look more youthful but not with too much scarring. I actually don't dislike the vertical scar as much as the scar that goes fully around the nipple. Can I have implant only without looking unnatural or just small lift. What are my options?

Breast augmentation with minimal scarring

+2
Thank you very much for your message enclosing your photographs. It does look as if you have lost a significant amount of volume from your bust which typically occurs after childbirth or weight loss.

As your nipples lie slightly below your infra-mammary fold, your options are either an implant with a breast uplift or possibly polyurethane coated implants.

With a breast uplift with implants you would have a scar around the nipple and vertical scar down the fold and for a short distance transversely in the fold.

The implant would probably be best placed under the muscle in a dual plane position to give you as much support as possible.

The other option, which can reduce the length of scarring, is to use polyurethane coated implants. These have the advantage of having a slightly 'Velcro' effect internally so that the implants stay in a higher position. Many surgeons use these cone-shaped implants to elevate the breast.

We have a surgeon within Aurora Clinics who specialises in polyurethane coated implants and works in London and Essex and if you are keen to avoid scarring as much as possible but still get a significant breast lift this may be the best option for you.

If you feel you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss the best way forward please contact us at info@aurora-clinics.co.uk

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with breast augmentation may be your best optio

+1
Thank you for your question.  Based on your photographs it appears that you will need a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation.  In addition there is an asymmetry with the left breast lower than the right and a breast lift can correct this asymmetry.

In my experience patients who have breast lift are very happy with the results and are not bothered by the scarring if the procedure has been done properly.

For more information on combined breast lift and augmentation please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I'm 34 yrs old, 115 lbs, 34D and have saggy breasts. What are my options for Breast Augmentation with least scarring?

+1
Hello, and thank you for your question.
From what I can tell, you are actually looking fro a lift, in order to become more perky and less droopy.
Now, there are a number of options to achieve this, and there are various advantages and disadvantages to these. You really need to consult with a Plastic Surgeon and DISCUSS this- its not as simple as receiving a few lines on a website- the solution depends on numerous factors, and the two of you need to discuss these options.
By the way,  in my 20 years experience, the scars around the nipple/areola area do not worry patients hugely. They usually settle quite nicely.
From what I can tell from the information provided, you could land up with a very nice result.
In my practice, I have had numerous patients have a breast lift plus tummy tuck in the same surgery.

Good luck in your search.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thanks for your question. The issue should not be what breast augmentation procedure involves the least amount of scars but rather which procedure will restore my breasts back to a round, perky and youthful appearance?

You are not a candidate for a simple, straight forward breast augmentation. This is the procedure that requires the least amount of scarring. From your photos it appears that you have a grade 1-2 ptosis ( saggy breasts). The nipples are displaced way below your fold. You also don't have much volume. I am assuming from your pictures that you have had children and breast fed.

What good will it do you to have a procedure performed that has the least amount of scars if your breasts are still saggy and unattractive? Think about it.

I would recommend a breast lift done through a  traditional "anchor type incision. I would recommend the use of smooth, silicone gel, moderate plus implants placed submusculaly in the range of 325-350cc.

Search for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience. Look at many, many before and after photos. Make sure that the photos that you are shown belong to patients of the surgeon that you are considering, not his/her partner or the clinic. Given the opportunity to view countless before and after photos will give you a very good idea to the consistency of the work. Are you being shown a few good results? The situation is analogous to the baseball player who hits a home run once in a while as opposed to the player who has a high batting average because he is consistent every time he steps up to bat.

You need to be able to speak with the surgeon's previous patients. There is nothing like a one to one sharing of info. RealSelf has done a wonderful job in allowing dialogue among patients.

Next, is the surgeon an individual who can earn your trust? Trust is key. You want to be guided along your journey by someone whom you trust. Trust is earned by being candid and truthful. It should not be easily given to the title of MD.

How many years has he/she been performing cosmetic breast surgery? Do you want an experienced surgeon or one that has had limited experience?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthsiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications. Research, research and then research some more.

We are one of only a few in South Florida that employ a web based program called TouchMD. Through this program potential patients from as far away as California can upload their photos. I then review each and everyone and draw my recommendations on your actual picture. This info is made available to you with the use of a private password that only you will have. TouchMD is private and follows all applicable privacy laws (HIPPA).

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

Good Luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD