11 Months Post Tummy Tuck! Stomach Feels Like it's Bulging Out?

I am 11 months post operation of a full tummy tuck and chest excision 22 year old male. I been training and doing cardio and solid diet since and after operation. I feel my stomach is stretching pout and shortness of breath? anyone have an idea I feel like its pushing out like never before? any ideas I know its not a sermoa or any infection but its weird? swelling? this isn't first time it happened? im going for a chest revision and some dog ears fixture soon.

+1

It sounds like the abdominal muscle repair did not work or was not done. I would suggest consulting with your reconstructive plastic surgeon. Some plastic surgeons do not tighten the tummy muscles during an abdominoplasty. I would be certain in the revision of your tummy tuck, that your rectus abdominis muscles are tightened. Good luck with your reconstructive plastic surgery. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

A picure would be helpful

+1

I understand your concerns regarding your surgery. Unfortunately, it is difficult to make any assessment with photos.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Stomach Feels Like it's Bulging Out?

+1

A photo would really help here. Hard to even guess without one. SInce you are going to see your surgeon, best suggestion would be to discuss the issue there. Your surgeon knows what was done, and has followed your recovery. 

All the best. 

Tummy Tuck

+1

You most likely had a tightening of your abdominal wall with the removal of the excess skin and fat.  This can restrict some the inner abdominal compartment leaving less room for the stomach and intestines to swell after eating.  Many patients continue to lose weight after tummy tucks because this feeling leads to less food being consumed.   Speak with you Dr. and ask about this sensation on the next visit. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD